Jeep Rebuilt Engine Quote n Specs, want some gear heads opinions

ALBO1023

If you pull it yourself which I am assuming you are. Just pull yours out and take it to Kurt at south valley machine and he'll turn it in to a stroker for less then what your going to pay to buy that one.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Mopar is selling a crate 4.6, but it's more than 2700. :D

Rebuilds from rebuilders, and you have to be careful w/what you get there, may be around that but...

Lack of space puts a big crimp in self-service. :D

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Junkyard motors are cheap and plentiful, although the cash for clunkers deal makes you have to watch out for seized motors, still pretty easy to find a good motor. Some yards pull and test engines and offer a warranty. One option is to pick up a tested 96-98 4.0 motor, then add a 99-on intake manifold with a Hesco FPR and Ford injectors. This will give you 15-20 more ponies with a decent intake and exhaust, even more if you add a JET module. And if you aren't actually planning on wheeling it, you can always sell it and buy a Subaru....

STAG

On my grind
Oh and does anyone know some good yards? They used to have a decent one here in Lehi/American Fork, but since the overpass construction they've closed or moved locations. Are there any yards with tons of jeeps? I ask cause a friend of mine, his uncle salvages saturns (ick) but he deals with them mostly

They moved to approx 350 South Geneva Road in Orem. (Just north of the railroad tracks north of 400 South)

zukking01

If the price is $2700 I would go a different route like a used engine like tacoma said or buy a different cherokee with the v8

And if you aren't actually planning on wheeling it, you can always sell it and buy a Subaru....

Nice burn there, doc's are still checking whether it was 2nd or 3rd degree, but I'm promised I'll live!

I do plan on wheeling it, just not to the degree that some you guys do, I'm far too new to the scene to dump tons of cash and time into something I know very little about. I figure making sure the engine and tranny strong first would be the best route to building up a jeep.

I'm more starting off slow, making the jeep I use now for my DD run solid. Since the girl got her pontiac shes been drooling over.

In the next year or two I will be purchasing a third vehicle and then I can start dreamin bigger on the jeep. I'm sure with all of you around poking and prodding me in the right direction, I'll eventually fit right in here and on the trails.

I am really stoked about the activity on this forum and the honesty of it;s members. I've never liked forum communities where the members sugar coat their opinions or experiences.:greg: