Recovery rig thoughts

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Thanks guys!

I really feel bad about how long it is taking. I thought work was gonna be slow so thats why I agreed to do so much work on this. But I have been busier this year than I can remember. NO time to myself. I am thankful Rob has been patient with me. Tube work coming soon!

LT.

Life sometimes gets in the way. I am not worried about how long it takes in the least. I am very grateful that you agreed to work on so much of the truck. The truck really is starting to shape up into a show quality piece. Since Cheston did such a fantastic job on the bed I am now looking into having the body work done and having the truck painted.

LT.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
its your truck and totally your call.

But sitting here looking at it....I think its absolutely cool as is! Kind of have a beat up ugly body and then you look in the bed and it looks priceless! Straight and clean would be awesome as well but it might take a little bit of the character of the truck away.

I will be trying to figure out a good way to mount the bed to the frame tonight. Stock it has wood body mounts and its just the wood bed that holds it down. Not acceptable

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
its your truck and totally your call.

But sitting here looking at it....I think its absolutely cool as is! Kind of have a beat up ugly body and then you look in the bed and it looks priceless! Straight and clean would be awesome as well but it might take a little bit of the character of the truck away.

I will be trying to figure out a good way to mount the bed to the frame tonight. Stock it has wood body mounts and its just the wood bed that holds it down. Not acceptable

I'm with Beck. I like the "used" look that it has

sixstringsteve

I once saved up forever and bought a $2000 guitar. It was my dream guitar. I babied that thing. One day, one of my students knocked it off its stand it it got dented and scratched. It hurt more than it should. I was devastated inside. However, once I got over that incident, I played it 10 times more and I stopped worrying about it. When I buy a guitar now, the first thing I do is put a ding in it so I can get that over with. My guitars are tools, not showroom pieces. I relax and play them so much more when I"m not worried about babying them. Same thing goes for my truck now. If I get a little ding, or a scratch, no big deal.

Because of this, my vehicles don't look like showroom pieces either, so take that with a grain of salt. :)

LT.

Well, there is a long ways to go still before I have to worry about the body work and paint. Rear gears, rear locker, doubler, drive shafts, exhaust, floor boards, and much more. It will be a while before I get to that point.

Cheston is doing a fantastic job and I bet the photos don't do it justice.

LT.

LT.

I got the rear 4.88 gears and the locker ordered on Tuesday. I was a little pissed that Randy's Ring and Pinion would not let me ship to a different address than the billing address. So, as frustrating as it maybe, I have to ship them to ChestonScouts house after they get here tomorrow. I did get to visit Christine and the pictures do not do the bed floor justice! Cheston knocked that one out of the park. He also scored a home run on the mounting of the bed. Beautiful mounts to hold the bed onto the frame and he managed to do this with all his bad luck. Plasma cutter going out, running out of gas on the welder, the usual bad luck. But, now he has his plasma cutter back (I don't think it works well still) and he now has gas!2012-09-089512.27.41.jpg2012-09-089513.13.21.jpg

These pictures should give y'all an idea at just how big Christine ended up being. Since I did not want to cut the fenders and I also wanted to stuff 40" tires under her. That and Cheston's Scout really is a low rider.

LT.