RME Apparel Thread...yes, it's happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAA

I'll check them out, hoping to find a all in one option that can integrate with Shopify so billing, shipping, tax, etc are all handled automatically.

I recently met a guy, Andrew Benson, while metal detecting that has a local screen printing place. When we got to talking it turns out he has done at least some stuff in the past for @cruiseroutfit I think.

I'm not actually sure what his business name is, from google I want to say this one, but not sure: https://www.koalateesinc.com/

- DAA

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
The issue I'm having is that there aren't a lot of zip-up hoodie options, the print company I'm really liking only offers one and it's a thin, lightweight hoodie.

Gawynz

I think my sister-in-law would probably be interested in doing this work. Her business is called Deadhead Apparel. She does not do embroidery but does hat patches, shirt/hoody printing (not vinyl), vehicle decals, and engraving of mugs and what not. This is a link to her FB page (https://www.facebook.com/deadheadapparelco/) and you can get an idea of her capability. When she first got her laser set up (2021) I actually reached out to @Herzog and @Greg about getting an RME hat made, she made me a couple that I wore for a while to make sure the quality was there before advertising to the broader community. Unfortunately, the patches started to peel after about 6 months of a lot of wear. She has changed the process/materials and from what I understand hasn't had any issues sense then. Here are what the hats looked like new, one was a leather patch the other cork. No pressure from me whatever way you want to go, I'm interested in some RME Swag, just an option I'll throw out there.

IMG_8407.jpg

20210830_092740.jpg

Greg

Admin
I think my sister-in-law would probably be interested in doing this work. Her business is called Deadhead Apparel. She does not do embroidery but does hat patches, shirt/hoody printing (not vinyl), vehicle decals, and engraving of mugs and what not. This is a link to her FB page (https://www.facebook.com/deadheadapparelco/) and you can get an idea of her capability. When she first got her laser set up (2021) I actually reached out to @Herzog and @Greg about getting an RME hat made, she made me a couple that I wore for a while to make sure the quality was there before advertising to the broader community. Unfortunately, the patches started to peel after about 6 months of a lot of wear. She has changed the process/materials and from what I understand hasn't had any issues sense then. Here are what the hats looked like new, one was a leather patch the other cork. No pressure from me whatever way you want to go, I'm interested in some RME Swag, just an option I'll throw out there.

View attachment 157182

View attachment 157181

I've done a leather patch and PVC patch on ball caps, the leather seemed to get funky over time but the PVC really held up well. I did a small run of 20 hats with PVC patches and I'm planning on doing another run real soon here.

20190729_201130.jpg

Last edited:

Greg

Admin
What I really want to do is set up a Shopify site for RME gear, making every aspect of selling our gear automated.... production, payments, shipping, etc. Make it easy to manage on our end, rather than one off orders, or needing to buy all kinds of options/sizes, etc in bulk to get a price break. We've done that before and it sucks sitting on merch and half of it not selling over time, dealing with shipping individual orders on our own, etc.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
That gray hat looks great. If we’re making requests, I prefer a hat that hugs my forehead and top of my head. The front has the laid back look vs the vertical face with the big front/top edge that you can push in two inches. Too bro for me.

Greg

Admin
That gray hat looks great. If we’re making requests, I prefer a hat that hugs my forehead and top of my head. The front has the laid back look vs the vertical face with the big front/top edge that you can push in two inches. Too bro for me.

We're not taking requests, but I'll see what I can do for options when it comes to hats. :rofl:

At this point, I've already purchased 20 Richardson 112 hats (same style as the one above, different color combo).

Status
Not open for further replies.