RME Land Owners Group??

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
We visited both the 56 acres (with a fun visit to see @Hickey) and the cabin.

We really enjoyed the land. I think it’s way over priced, but it had a lot of fun potential, but also the ability to do nothing.

The cabin was garbage. The home was in worse shape than I thought. The property was completely filled with garbage and debris. It seems nothing was ever taken away from the home, just brought in. Piles of stuff everywhere. The neighborhood was more similar to a west valley trailer park than a cabin lot. My wife said she wouldn’t even take it for free. But I’m super glad we went, so I at least know what it was and that I had a shot if I wanted. It will be interesting to see what it sells for. The agent told me she has multiple offers and they will decide Monday.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member

We really enjoyed the land. I think it’s way over priced, but it had a lot of fun potential, but also the ability to do nothing.

The cabin was garbage. The home was in worse shape than I thought. The property was completely filled with garbage and debris. It seems nothing was ever taken away from the home, just brought in. Piles of stuff everywhere. The neighborhood was more similar to a west valley trailer park than a cabin lot. My wife said she wouldn’t even take it for free. But I’m super glad we went, so I at least know what it was and that I had a shot if I wanted. It will be interesting to see what it sells for. The agent told me she has multiple offers and they will decide Monday.
It was great to finally meet you. Buy the 56 acres and I’ll come play on your trails you build. 😎

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
that's crazy!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor

Foundation, walls and roof sound?

I’m seeing what appears to be rodent dung all over the house. That in fact the case?

Last edited:

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Foundation, walls and roof sound?

I’m seeing what appears to be rodent dung all over the house. That in fact the case?
No.
Manufactured home on cinder blocks.
Original roof has rotted in at least the three bedrooms. A newer roof was built over the whole home, but the damage has not been fixed.
Seemed rodent free. There is stuff on the floor but it’s not pest or bug related I think.

A few broken windows.

The adjoining property has old buildings that have been destroyed and abandoned right on the property lines, Along with an old porta potty.

There were a few decently kept homes. The rest were pretty rough. Obviously not built to code, do it yourself type properties. So much garbage around everywhere on properties. Tires. Lumber piles.

The part that was the worst was being soo close to so many properties. It did not have the ‘feel’ of a cabin or happy place.

Very trailer park.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
No.
Original roof has rotted in at least the three bedrooms. A newer roof was built over the whole home, but the damage has not been fixed.
Seemed rodent free. There is stuff on the floor but it’s not pest or bug related I think.

A few broken windows.

The adjoining property has old buildings that have been destroyed and abandoned right on the property lines, Along with an old porta potty.

There were a few decently kept homes. The rest were pretty rough. Obviously not built to code, do it yourself type properties. So much garbage around everywhere on properties. Tires. Lumber piles.

The part that was the worst was being soo close to so many properties. It did not have the ‘feel’ of a cabin or happy place.

Very trailer park.
Eww. Maybe not that much cleanup.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Hantavirus by chance?

I think I was actually surprised at how rodent free it was. I was told nobody has been there for many years. It totally smelled like an old lady’s house, but did not smell like animal urine or dead rodents.

It did have a stack of DVDs in the living room. The most recent movie that I saw from a quick glance was sex tape, which came out in 2014.

It’s possible that I am being a little harsh on the property because I compared 56 acres back to back with it… But I think I will stand pretty firm on my trailer park vibe

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
No.

A few broken windows.

Very trailer park.
That sucks. My friends cabin was north of that subdivision in the trees. Bummer that area is trash

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
How does one look up locations for mining claims? The agent has given zero info for my typical location finders..

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
How does one look up locations for mining claims? The agent has given zero info for my typical location finders..

That is patented land. Get a tax ID#/parcel ID# from the owner/realtor and you can look it up.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
That is patented land. Get a tax ID#/parcel ID# from the owner/realtor and you can look it up.
I need to learn more about patented mine claims. In family corporation that goes back to my grandfather on my moms side, we have about a dozen patented mine claims around Ouray. Most of them are on mountain sides but there are a couple that are accessible by vehicle.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I need to learn more about patented mine claims. In family corporation that goes back to my grandfather on my moms side, we have about a dozen patented mine claims around Ouray. Most of them are on mountain sides but there are a couple that are accessible by vehicle.

Respected or implied claims? Unfortunately the FS and/or counties very commonly don't honor, respect or list patented mine claims on their county tax records. For example, AFC. Utah Counry land ownership records don't even remotely show who owns what and therefore don't tax it correctly. The same for Big & Little Cottonwood, etc. It's pretty wild situation.