RME skateboard meeting

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Tacoma and I were talking about this a while ago and I know there are more of us that used to skateboard like it was life when we were younger.

And I'm sitting here making my wife mad looking at my a old skateboard movies like gleaning the cube, the search for animal chin, osiris the storm, emerica this is skateboarding, jump off a building, globe opinion.

So

Let's plan an RME skate day.

What about peace park skatepark? The one of 9th w and 9th s in SLC. It has pretty mellow transitions bowl and a nice spine.

two Saturdays from now?

Seriously let's do this.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Gleaning the Cube? Brian Kelly would be appalled.

Used to skate a bit in the yesteryear and still have a couple of decks but a day but a Saturday at the skate park getting schooled and mouthed off by 10 year olds sounds about as fun as bamboo splints under my fingernails.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Nah they don't give me much trouble.
Just because 10 year olds are better than us or some 40 yar old Tacoma might show up and school us with his Bones Brigade skills doesn't mean you should be afraid.
Respect gets respect.
And when is the last time any of us just went skating?
But we could make it an evening thing after work.

I probably have 3 decks setup if anyone wants to borrow one.

bobmed

- - - -
My skate board days were taking a skate, split it in half and nail it to a 2X4.:D

It wasn't pretty when rolling down Big Cottonwood canyon and hitting a piece of gravel with steel wheels.:(

24_roller-skates.jpg

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
heh.. recent experience shows that I am good for about 20min. Takes the legs right out of you. Still, I'd be down for that, Kearns has a nice bowl... which is all I'm interested in anymore.

Plus, fewer 10yr olds in the bowls. ;)

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
All I used to do is skate. I worked at Blindside part time to get discounts on everything.

After I blew out my knee and knocked out my front teeth kickflipping a 7 stair when I was 24.......I was done.

I really have no desire to get back on..even tho my deck is still downstairs. I wouldnt dare drop into a bowl, probably any transition for that matter.

I will consider it tho.

I miss the days of eating whatever I want and staying skinny since I would skate for 6 hours straight all summer long.
My injury is what got me into wheeling tho. I needed something to do.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
^ With a cigar and jar of alcohol... while wearing elbow pads and a helmet not buckled. That would be awesome. I can picture Steve doing that right now, and it's glorious.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Gleaning the Cube? Brian Kelly would be appalled.

Used to skate a bit in the yesteryear and still have a couple of decks but a day but a Saturday at the skate park getting schooled and mouthed off by 10 year olds sounds about as fun as bamboo splints under my fingernails.

Gleaning the cube is a lesser known sequel to gleaming the cube:p

I wanted to be a skate boarder so bad back in the day, but I understand consequences too well so I couldn't commit to the pain.

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
Nah they don't give me much trouble.

Last time me and Rawlin hit up the skate park we just about got jumped by 20 4th graders because I was riding a scooter... Apparently scooters aren't cool anymore? One of the kids pushed me, told me my scooter was "gay" then proceeded to teach me about 10 new swear words(that I'd never heard before) and when I told him I was going to tell his mom what he said when she came to pick him up?? All his buddies started coming at us with their skate trucks!! ...20 angry 10 year old kids with metal weapons and the second you hit one, it's jailtime! They ran us out and we haven't been back since

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I don't need a skateboard. I like girls.
Come drive your mercury marauder by the skatepark.
mercury-marauder%20(3).jpg

all the kids will think you're a cop and run for it... then we can skate in peace... you're roughly the same build as most of those cops that tried to chase us out of skate spots in high school. I'll even bring you some donuts to complete your disguise.:D

Apparently scooters aren't cool anymore?
Everyone knows office chairs are where it's at now... bring Hippie. :rofl:

can I bring my fruit boots?

sure bud. Throw down a fish brain grind and you can protect Robby on his scooter.

Come drive your mercury marauder by the skatepark.
mercury-marauder%20(3).jpg

all the kids will think you're a cop and run for it... then we can skate in peace... you're roughly the same build as most of those cops that tried to chase us out of skate spots in high school. I'll even bring you some donuts to complete your disguise.:D

Now this is something I can support.

cjncustoms

I would be game for this pending on the day. Later in the week like thurs or fri would be best! I still skate every once in awhile with my nephew. I love it!