RME skateboard meeting

GOAT

Back from the beyond
interesting idea for sure, but you won't catch my 37 y/o ass doing much on a skateboard. i was pretty involved in the sport and even made it into a couple of mags in the 80s-90s and it was great fun then. i turned 18, bought my first 5.0 mustang and never looked back.

now.......i still get shivers when thinking of the times i ate it learning 50/50 grinds on handrails :ugh:

jpest

Anti-Social Networking
I just wish all these cool skate parks were around when I was a kid. Kids these days don't know how good they have it.

I still have a skateboard and still skate on occasion. I take my daughter to ride her scooter or bike at the park and I take my skate.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
I have the fear back in me, ya wont be seeing me out there anytime soon. I used to skate daily back in high school, then I laid off the board for a few years, and now that 'fear' is back. I guess I'll have to chill behind a smiths parking lot for a few hours at 2am to get my 'ish together, and maybe I'll be out sometime.

Damn that fear....

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
i used to skate everyday in highschool, then i quit because of my knees for a couple years, went on a mission and had a nice setup given to me and i started skateboarding again, but i once again have stopped because theres noone to skate with, so i think this is the perfect time for all of the over 21 year old people:) to get out and skate:handlebars:

iceaxe

Backroad Adventurer
This thread reminds me of my blue and black pair of Vans, had the tail skid of that veriflex wore down to wood, and I would daydream about getting a Sims Jeff Phillips or Vision Gator with all the gear and a rad deck tape pattern. Got a mountain bike instead and never really looked back.