Rock Crawling

Is there any interest in rock crawling competitions like UROC used to do years ago?

• Participating as a spectator

Votes: 50 46.3%
  • Participating as a competitor

Votes: 49 45.4%
  • Participating as a sponsor

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Participating as a Judge

Votes: 8 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

teknodestrukto

Strange, but I get the feeling nobody likes mud. Who knew?

The problem with a "rocks sand, and something else(?)" event is finding a venue where all are readily available. A biathalon like event would be awesome. Find your way to check points where you have to take a shot at a target. The farthest target nets the most points...best time, etc.

Or just rock crawling...

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
This is what I like about the Price event every year. It's all in fun. There are different classes to keep it fair. A cash purse would be ok, but prizes and trophies are cool too. Although a cash purse is hard to accomplish without charging several hundred to compete or spectate. Price has a small fee to watch or compete and I believe that money goes to paying their bills.

SICK99TJ

i am interested in competeing and judging in something like this. i think that the old way is the better way. slow and fun, with the skinny pedal not through the floor :D well smetimes.:eek:

Craig S

Commando
Here are some photos of the rock course.

Attachments

• NOVEMBER 2007 001.jpg
    NOVEMBER 2007 001.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 21
  • NOVEMBER 2007 012.jpg
    NOVEMBER 2007 012.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 18
  • NOVEMBER 2007 014.jpg
    NOVEMBER 2007 014.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 19
  • NOVEMBER 2007 016.jpg
    NOVEMBER 2007 016.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 13
  • NOVEMBER 2007 017.jpg
    NOVEMBER 2007 017.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 24
  • NOVEMBER 2007 018.jpg
    NOVEMBER 2007 018.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 20
  • NOVEMBER 2007 020.jpg
    NOVEMBER 2007 020.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 16
  • NOVEMBER 2007 022.jpg
    NOVEMBER 2007 022.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 21
  • NOVEMBER 2007 029.jpg
    NOVEMBER 2007 029.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 23

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
UROC should mean Utah Rock Crawling, not United. Traveling to a long distance event would keep me away. Finding course close will keep me interested.

snake

SNAKE
rock racing sucks to be able to compete you need some really good sponseres and alot of free time to travel everywhere the average joe cant do it. I would like to see some local comps with some average people in them not moon buggys. Have classes from street legal to modified and some trophies maybe a little $ if you win to help cover gas money to get there. I would compete judge or just come watch.

Bart

UROC should mean Utah Rock Crawling, not United. Traveling to a long distance event would keep me away. Finding course close will keep me interested.

UROC originally stood for Utah, then went to United when Craig went outside the state with it. I'm pretty sure UROC will remain United.

I do like the thoughts of doing a small state series, kind of like CalROCKS, only for Utah. There are already 3 events (Price, Delta, and Richfield) that could be included.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
UROC originally stood for Utah, then went to United when Craig went outside the state with it. I'm pretty sure UROC will remain United.

I do like the thoughts of doing a small state series, kind of like CalROCKS, only for Utah. There are already 3 events (Price, Delta, and Richfield) that could be included.

Ya, I knew that it started that way and it all blew up when it went to United. That is why I would like to see something in the Utah Rocks.

Craig S

Commando
More Pictures

Attachments

• NOVEMBER 2007 026.jpg
    NOVEMBER 2007 026.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 8
  • NOVEMBER 2007 037.jpg
    NOVEMBER 2007 037.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 8
  • NOVEMBER 2007 040.jpg
    NOVEMBER 2007 040.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Craig S

Commando
It seems that there is some interest in an event in Delta. The poll indicates enough competitors for a small event. Not many spectators or sponsors. Any thoughts on classes?

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Craig, do you still have the old rule book? Maybe something like it was back in the first couple years, with an additional class to accommodate the buggies of today.