Rock Slide Engineering slider install -- '21 Gladiator (JT)

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I've wondered if there was a way to tap into the dome light or door ajar circuit (scary on a modern vehicle, I'm sure I have no idea) somehow and trigger the steps off of that? Not sure that's wise at all but getting rid of some of the complexity of the harness would be a good thing. There's got to be a way to build a sealed motor of some kind.

I've also wanted a fail safe in case these tried to stay deployed on the trail where I could pin them in the up position. Again, I REALLY like these and REALLY want to support Rock Slide but if they suck, they suck. That's just how it is. Rock Slide tech support has been pretty cool to deal with but if I'm always futzing with the sliders, they're just not worth it to me. There's enough shit to go wrong on a modern electronic vehicle. I don't need to add more complexity

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
So, not a motor. The only other thing is the control module. Sent an email into rockslide. We'll see what they come up with. That doesn't appear to be a service part (231016z2r138 is one the UPC tag on the unit--does not google)

1969honda

Supporting Member
Amp steps trigger off of the door ajar/ dome light circuit. It works well, until the door harness gets pinched and then whichever door that happens in will stop triggering it.

I heard rumor a while back that Dee's or Weston was supposed to be releasing a 4 motor, linear actuator, step design. Might be written looking to see if that ever happened?