Rot Box’s Superduty

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
Kicking butt on the spring swap. Chose to go with factory replacements. Gonna grab some new u bolts today I think.

The longer springs would be super nice but the aftermarket hangers weren’t cheap and I decided I didn’t feel like grinding, cutting, modifying, spending etc… on this old pile.

Lame I know 🤣.

IMG_5904.jpeg

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
Looks good. I actually have a set of Ford U-bolts in the garage. They were for my old SRW F350 (2000). Brand new with the stickers on them. Let me know if you want them. I'll be heading out of town tomorrow

I was going to change the springs but never got to it before selling it. I'll go dig them up and post a pic when I get a break from work

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
With Tinky back together (thanks again @Mouse 😎) I decided I’d better get out and see some things.

IMG_5971.jpeg

Google maps can lead you to some interesting places! The new fence looked pretty nice but they forgot to add a gate.. backtracked quite a ways haha.

IMG_5972.jpeg

A nice camp for the night. I couldn’t believe the moon dust on the path getting there! It was several inches thick in places.

IMG_5981.jpeg

Cows, gates and grasshoppers were my constant companion.

IMG_5984.jpeg

Last edited:

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Huh… I personally think every canyon is a narrow canyon in this beast 🤣

View attachment 176132

Some switchback action too.

View attachment 176133

Anyway good times. It’s about new tire time for the ol’ girl. What should I get next? 🤔
I spy those KO2s. If you're staying in the AT realm but want an upgrade, I've been singing the praises of the Toyo AT3 for a couple years now. Ran 'em on the wife's 4Runner, liked them so much I ran them on the Excursion, and we just bought another set for the 4Runner now that the boy has it. Great road manners, hook up everywhere offroad except deep mud, no hydroplaning, best AT tire I've ever run in terms of snow and ice traction.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
I spy those KO2s. If you're staying in the AT realm but want an upgrade, I've been singing the praises of the Toyo AT3 for a couple years now.

Yep KO2’s been on there for 30k miles and four-ish years? I think they’d be bald before another 10k is up…

I’ve always been a BFG fanboy because of the heavy sidewall but I’d like to get a little more mileage out of an AT. Maybe I’m asking too much 🤔

I’ll take a close look at those thanks.