Sage Riders Chimney Rock Enduro October 3, 2015

ricsrx

i hope Hunter gets his school assignments turned in by Friday, i would hate to drive all the way down there and have Hunter just watching from the pits

rholbrook

Sounds good. Definitely setup with us.
There is no gas pit fyi. Only a remote gas pit.
How does that work? Harrison wants to race this one but he also has a football game so he is torn. I dont understand the School Kid Class (KTM200XCW)as well as I dont understand the remote fuel pitting and how it will work. Can I be there or is he on his own? How does he find his fuel, etc? Paul??

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
How does that work? Harrison wants to race this one but he also has a football game so he is torn. I dont understand the School Kid Class (KTM200XCW)as well as I dont understand the remote fuel pitting and how it will work. Can I be there or is he on his own? How does he find his fuel, etc? Paul??
School Kid class if for those kids transitioning to the big bikes. They start with the novices. As far as the remote gas check goes, the riders will leave the pit and do the first 2 special tests. they will then go to the remote gas check and fill up. You can send a can on the club trailer or take it out there but the rider has to fuel their own bike in the designated gas area. The riders will then leave the gas check on their designated time and do the next 2 special tests and come back to the gas check. If they need fuel, then they can get some before they leave at their designated time to ride back to the pits that they started from in the morning.

Make sense or clear as mud?

djgardner

School Kid class if for those kids transitioning to the big bikes. They start with the novices. As far as the remote gas check goes, the riders will leave the pit and do the first 2 special tests. they will then go to the remote gas check and fill up. You can send a can on the club trailer or take it out there but the rider has to fuel their own bike in the designated gas area. The riders will then leave the gas check on their designated time and do the next 2 special tests and come back to the gas check. If they need fuel, then they can get some before they leave at their designated time to ride back to the pits that they started from in the morning.

Make sense or clear as mud?

Only 4 special tests? I was expecting more than that.

djgardner

Experts have 5. They're longer and more technical than Wendover.

More technical than Wendover isn't hard those tests were mild compared to last year. The transfer sections at Wendover were more technical than the tests...would you say Chimney rock tests are more technical than the transfers at Wendover?

djgardner

Row assignments for those that pre-signed are posted HERE. We had 284 riders pre-sign......Its going to be a long day.

How many of those pre-signs were Mini's?

This is going to be a HUGE race! Thank all your fellow SageRiders for me! (I'll thank the ones I see) Its a HUGE amount of time and effort...and I-for one...and I know I'm not alone-sure appreciate all they do so I can have fun!

Cascadia

Undecided
The test sections I have ridden are more technical than wendover transfers. The mini course is more technical than the transfers at wendover. :eek:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Unless I'm missing it, your link just goes to the race info page Paul, I can't see any row assignments.

If you are looking at it on your phone at the mobile version of the website, it will not show up for some reason. You have to switch to the web version. Here it is.

Attachments

• RIDER ROW ASSIGNMENTS .pdf
    13.6 KB · Views: 5

djgardner

What a race! I normally don't like riding in rocks like that, but I sure had fun Saturday! What a fun course...I even liked Paul's loop! Lol

I felt like the course could have been marked better/different (besides missing the entire first test), as I got lost a twice on test one-as did a lot of other people I talked to- (everyone else's test 2) and elsewhere there some dangers that should have been marked and weren't, or should have been marked better. I say that knowing markings and dangers could have been knocked down, and that the level a danger should be marked is entirely rider opinion and varies from one rider to the next...so this isn't a criticizem as much as it's an observation.

The race was well organized, I loved the cold water at the start of the tests...and little things like that were just the icing on the cake on a really fun day on the dirt bike.

I'll have some helmet cam footage up tomorrow.

Thanks Paul! And thank the rest of your club for me!