Salazar in Moab

ID Bronco

Scoutabout for President!

Seriously although right on most of it your cynical approach to anything anyone tries to do is lame. Pitch in and help. Better to recieve it late than not tell us about it at all. How come you didn't let us all know before they did?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
...Pitch in and help.

He was President and did more for the U4 in his years than 90% of the past and present BOD members ever will. While we'll both agree his methodology is unorthodox at best (asshole is the word that most use :D) I think his efforts to re-birth U4 allow a bit of cynasim when it comes time to watching its demise ;)

I agree, and that's precisely why I am no longer a member of U4WDA.

Convenient lol :rofl: And Demon Jeep won't join because of my involvement in U4 nearly 5 years ago. And I won't eat Cheetos because of a burnt chip in the bag 1 years ago :D Oh and I hate Mormons because a kit in high school was a jerk and I'm pretty sure he was Mormon.

Steve hasn't been with U4 for well over 2 years. Since his departure membership has declined, NPLD went to shit (was his baby in the infancy), the newsletter is sporadic and they have been running through presidents have been resigning left and right. Yup, he was the problem lol :D

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
Kurt, to be fair, the economy has taken it's tool on membership and volunteerism in many organizations.
Your statement is like saying the **** says "**** a doodle do" everytime the sun rises so it must be the **** who makes the sunrise.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
What Kurt said plus. This has been said a hundred times but here it goes again. U4 has a group of dedicated volunteers that do what they can, for instance I was supposed to be the U4 coordinator for NPLD and with the little I did it was not enough, and the only way U4 was successful with Steve Jackson as President was that he did everything himself. So now that he is gone we need people to step forward and do just a single activity instead of everything.

He was President and did more for the U4 in his years than 90% of the past and present BOD members ever will. While we'll both agree his methodology is unorthodox at best (asshole is the word that most use :D) I think his efforts to re-birth U4 allow a bit of cynasim when it comes time to watching its demise ;)

Convenient lol :rofl: And Demon Jeep won't join because of my involvement in U4 nearly 5 years ago. And I won't eat Cheetos because of a burnt chip in the bag 1 years ago :D Oh and I hate Mormons because a kit in high school was a jerk and I'm pretty sure he was Mormon.

Steve hasn't been with U4 for well over 2 years. Since his departure membership has declined, NPLD went to shit (was his baby in the infancy), the newsletter is sporadic and they have been running through presidents have been resigning left and right. Yup, he was the problem lol :D

Kurt, to be fair, the economy has taken it's tool on membership and volunteerism in many organizations.
Your statement is like saying the **** says "**** a doodle do" everytime the sun rises so it must be the **** who makes the sunrise.

Not exactly. You have zero historical perspective on how U4WDA went from 67 members to almost 1000 in 2 years. You should understrand how it's gone back to half that in the last two, you've watched it happen.

It's VERY simple.

Good products get bought. Bad ones don't

Good organizations get supported.

...and the only way U4 was successful with Steve Jackson as President was that he did everything himself. So now that he is gone we need people to step forward and do just a single activity instead of everything.

You weren't around during everything, so I'll forgive your memory lapse. Seth Bowers did a great job with artwork and our magazine while I was in charge. Kurt did a badass job working on land use and especially the RMP public comments while I was in charge. Kiel, Steve Edmunds and others kicked in efforts as well.

Good leaders have followers. What does U4WDA have?

Same old thread over and over. Somehow it's still someone else's fault.

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Kurt, to be fair, the economy has taken it's tool on membership and volunteerism in many organizations...

To be fairer, U4WDA started with 65 paid members when I took over as President. Newsletter was months late, the previous President threw in the towel and handed it off. To the credit primarily of Steve Jackson's help. Your all about 8 years too late on the Steve Sucks bandwagon, I had called him out on a forum and he decided to put his money where his mouth is and show up to a U4BOD meeting and his efforts while unsettling to many resulted in bar none the biggest increase in U4 activity, it was addictive and inspiring as we really started to make some ground in the effort. While we can find blame anywhere we want but the fact is with his presence U4 was an an upward climb despite losing a few offended souls along the way and currently its on a downward spiral with big sh*t-eating grins on every face and apathetic outlook toward the future.

Jack can invite me out to help all he wants but my refusal to do so is 100% correlated to the same reason I walked away, a BOD that was more worried about hat pins, member jackets and Summer Conventions than land use. Its perfectly clear that absolutely nothing has changed in that regard in a positive direction. It was my suggestion to Steve E, Bear & Tacoma that moving forward all BOD must be active Land Use officers and treasurers and secretaries and vice presidents second. Spending 99% of the manpower keeping the lights on is neither efficient nor productive in the grand cause. Broken record here, nothing I haven't spent hours talking about both in person with all involved. No sense continuing...

Kurt, you sure seem ornery lately. You misunderstood what I posted. Again. I apologize for not being more eloquent.

No eloquence needed buddy, I had a grin when I replied and I have a grin now. You know me better than that, I like to stir the pot so long as it promotes productive thinking. :D

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
I will put it this way: I will do what I can as long as I can even if it is half-baked and wrong, and there are people out there that can do it better than me, but I will not give up. Maybe no one will follow me but U4 is worth saving and being a force in keeping Public Lands Public. That's it, Jack

I will do what I can

Jack, if half our users were half as dedicated as you are, we would have won the access battle a long time ago and we'd have plenty of volunteers/money to make our organizations into what we have always dreamed for the community.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Jack, if half our users were half as dedicated as you are, we would have won the access battle a long time ago and we'd have plenty of volunteers/money to make our organizations into what we have always dreamed for the community.

Ain't that the truth!