Seriously, dana 44 are stupid.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Broke the turd again. Now I have to pony up some cash to at least get some cheap alloys, or keep nickle and diming myself to bankruptcy with broken shafts. This time it was the passenger side joint and it took out the inner shaft.

I need a 60 but can't afford it.

Cody

gtidrivr

Cody said:
Broke the turd again. Now I have to pony up some cash to at least get some cheap alloys, or keep nickle and diming myself to bankruptcy with broken shafts. This time it was the passenger side joint and it took out the inner shaft.

I need a 60 but can't afford it.

Cody

I dont know if this is the case or not, but from what I remember, it was used stuff that was installed. If thats not the case, I appologize. If that is then you should have seen it coming. None the less, you should still buy a 60!! ;)

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
My D44 keeps on rockin. And I'm keeping it out of spite. -_-

Sucks you broke it, coulda had some more fun today. :(

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
I went through all the steps.... WASTED a ton of money....alloys will still break!

Just keep it together until you can find a 60....they do exist for under $1000, just be patient and look arround.

JMHO

gtidrivr

rckcrlr said:
I went through all the steps.... WASTED a ton of money....alloys will still break!

Just keep it together until you can find a 60....they do exist for under $1000, just be patient and look arround.

JMHO

Hey Cody there is a dude on pirate that has a ford ball joint 60 thats complete for $650. But its in Texas.

S

sukaB

Herzog said:
My D44 keeps on rockin. And I'm keeping it out of spite. -_-

Sucks you broke it, coulda had some more fun today. :(

Amen bruda, You missed the night run!!!! ;) :D
Can't beleive he broke on the end and scott lost two tires.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Yeah, I can find 60's for decent prices, but I need to use credit because I don't have the available credit.

Plus, I have to get it setup for my rig, adapt it to 5 lug or the rear to 8 lug, possibly new rims.......the cost of the axle is only part of the cost--it could get up to 2 g's before it's done.

I'm thinking of getting some yukons and bobby long joints. If they are 30% stronger, maybe that is enough for what I want it to do. I figure with my caps welded, the axle lasted over a year. IF I get a 30% stronger shaft and a stronger joint, weld the caps, maybe that will keep me from braking every time. If I keep breaking ever damn trip, thats 50-200 bucks every time I have to replace something......

Cody

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Cody said:
Yeah, I can find 60's for decent prices, but I need to use credit because I don't have the available credit.

Plus, I have to get it setup for my rig, adapt it to 5 lug or the rear to 8 lug, possibly new rims.......the cost of the axle is only part of the cost--it could get up to 2 g's before it's done.

I'm thinking of getting some yukons and bobby long joints. If they are 30% stronger, maybe that is enough for what I want it to do. I figure with my caps welded, the axle lasted over a year. IF I get a 30% stronger shaft and a stronger joint, weld the caps, maybe that will keep me from braking every time. If I keep breaking ever damn trip, thats 50-200 bucks every time I have to replace something......

Cody

Hmmmmm, I remember saying the same thing once :D
Seriously, I understand the delima, but by time you by shafts and joints you are 1/3 to 1/2 way there. 5 lug stuff is not that hard/$$ anymore, you can run 15" rims on a 60, I do.... I just hate to see you spend the $$ for alloys, and still break them, and end up getting a 60 later anyway. Look at what you have already spent in parts, coming home early, etc....
I am not trying to be an A$$, Just I have been there/done that, and wish I had not wasted the $$ on alloys and $$ joints....It just moves on to the next weak link in the 44. If it is not a shaft (I broke warns and mosers) then it is something else...I broke the spindle off!!!! Or a r&p, knuckle, balljoits, steering arms, or tube. 44's were never ment to take the load we put on them....Just think of the leverage a 38" tire puts on a knuckle, tube, balljoint, spindle, bearings......
All of which are bigger/more HD in a 60....

Just trying to make your decission harder :D

Brent

another nobody
so in the meantime, there was a complete rc 44 at pick and pull you could get used shafts from last time I was there, second to last row, missing front clip, truck.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
SIXSTATES said:
six states has 5 on 5.5 and 6 on 6 hubs for gm 60 axles

Yeah, I bet they do. In fact, there are probably 500 dollars worth of axle and t-case parts and 500 dollars wroth of drivelines that I could have gotten there over the past 2 months (and more over the past 3 years).

I still stand by my word.

Cody

Don't vendors need to be approved by mods before they pimp their junk?

muleskinner

I have to agree with everyone else on this. Go with the 60 if at all poss. I'm doing mine right now and the $$ does suck, but I won't be worried about the front end anymore.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Cody said:
Yeah, I bet they do. In fact, there are probably 500 dollars worth of axle and t-case parts and 500 dollars wroth of drivelines that I could have gotten there over the past 2 months (and more over the past 3 years).

I still stand by my word.

Cody

Don't vendors need to be approved by mods before they pimp their junk?

He's just offering you a solution for your wheel patterns.....

VANDALL

Shut up...................................

gtidrivr said:
Hey Cody there is a dude on pirate that has a ford ball joint 60 thats complete for $650. But its in Texas.

Cody'
Don't be dum and buy a ball joint axle just wate 4 king pin axle - OK.....................

VANDALL.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Brett said:
He's just offering you a solution for your wheel patterns.....

Understood and appreciated, however I've never seen the user "sixstates" contribute anything more than "six states has this, six states has that". Andy is affiliated with 6 states and he contributes to the forum without pimping his biz.

Besides, GM 60 stuff won't help me. I need Ford 60 stuff.

Cody

fjcruisin

D60

I have a Dana 60 from a dodge. If anyone is interested let me know. It is a OBO deal or it will end up on E-bay.