SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS!!!

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
So apparently this is a thing now... :rolleyes:

Even though I'm fully vaccinated, I will not be "showing my vaccine card" to ANY restaurant, ever. Mr. Alston can suck it.

That being said.. people don't need to act like this on the phone either. Some of those calls were uncalled for.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Just checking if I read this right...
he's been closed since March 2020 to dine in
only curbside takeout
and it's a bar

I think he's going for the any attention is good attention at this point. The business is swirling the drain, this is a last gasp to get all the proudly vaccinated to visit his establishment and spend their vaccinated dollars there.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
"One of the musicians who used to play at The Bayou before they shut down in March 2020 contracted COVID-19 last summer and passed away, Alston said. Alston described how the pianist's loss was completely preventable."

He owns a bar. He serves people alcohol. Sometimes they drink too much and drive home. Sometimes they get in a wreck. Sometimes they die. Sometimes they kill other people. Loss that's completely preventable.

J-mobzz

If you don’t like guns don’t own one of you don’t like bar owners that want you to show vaccination cards to enter don’t go.
If you really want to eat or drink at that bar but don’t believe in freedom and want to violate that owners right to make choices for his own business....... make your own card.

58011D25-4C88-4B65-A5D3-ADC139990CA7.png

Pike2350

I don't agree with his rule but hey....free market. Let him live/die by his choice.

Stupid as it is I dont think he will suffer. The Bayou has good food and a lot of beers on tap. They survived the year+ without dine-in....even though dine-in has been an option to them for quite awhile (with social distancing & masks) he decided then not to open and again...his choice.

Like @J-mobzz said...don't like it, dont go. I think it's stupid people that supposedly believe in freedom of choice are against his choice. I guess it's only freedom of choice as long as it lines up with their choice. It's so ironic and hypercritical

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
At this point in the pandemic, risk of illness is almost entirely voluntary (in the USA anyhow).
We have vaccines that are highly effective, and readily available.
The news has been reporting that many people are intentionally foregoing their 2nd shot.
Walk in's are welcome, no wait involved. No cost involved. Supplies are plentiful.
People know the risks involved in not getting vaccinated, and plenty of people are OK with that risk. It's certainly no sweat off my brow if someone elects to not get their shot(s).

It's time to get back to normal life.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
What's with skipping out on the second shot? I have not heard of that. Why get the first if you don't get both?

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
What's with skipping out on the second shot? I have not heard of that. Why get the first if you don't get both?

Not sure. People must feel that the first shot affords them enough protection, or they just don't care enough to get the second one..

When I got my first shot, the health center I went to was packed. When I got my second, I was literally the only patient in there.

Pike2350

from what I've read, many people have heard the 2nd shot has worse side affects (sicker feeling, fever, etc) They have been told the 1st shot provides X% protection and they feel that is good enough and don't want to risk the side affects.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
If you don’t like guns don’t own one of you don’t like bar owners that want you to show vaccination cards to enter don’t go.
If you really want to eat or drink at that bar but don’t believe in freedom and want to violate that owners right to make choices for his own business....... make your own card.

View attachment 137322
This is why we are friends.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I know Mark Alston fairly well. I have a lot to say about this, but ultimately like it was said above, if you don't like his policy, then don't go to his bar.

Personally, unless he's going to be working the door, what he's doing to his employees isn't fair. Whoever is going to deal with that onslaught of shit isn't going to be paid enough. I think in the end, he would have been better off waiting another month or two and then opening to less press.

I also think it's bullshit the people who haven't even been to his place will leave him bad google reviews. Total cowardly bullshit. We had a guy leave us a bad review because we wouldn't let him in with his two kids and "service animal" which was a german shepard on a rope wrapped around it's neck with not a single tag. He called us non ADA compliant, but trust and believe real service animals are wearing real tags and the real world really requires. Plus, his kids...I mean, non starter.

Anyway, someone was bound to do this and somewhere the legal aspect of it is going to be decided in court. He's providing "reasonable options" for patrons that don't have the vaccine for whatever reason, but he's also requiring his employees to have it and THAT is going to be a problem. Maybe not for him...but someone is going to be the first one stuck with that nasty situation.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I am going to throw a theory out here :spork:on why you see some of the differences between R & D states on getting back to normal. Right now companies are wanting to get back to normal, but they cannot find employee's willing to give up the unemployment. I know a few restaurant owners who cannot find anybody to work in the kitchen, let alone finding wait staff. When you can make equal money staying at home, why would you go to work and be a productive piece of society.

The longer people are kept at home, the more desperate business owners get. They will end up having to offer more and more money to get people to come to work. I do not think you will see an increase to the national minimum wage but if states can keep people at home it could force the minimum wage up by forcing businesses to pay more to get people to work. It is bad enough in Utah, but it will probably be worse in places like New Mexico, Colorado and Nevada who have a lot of rural population that do not pay as high as the city centers.

The increase in what businesses will have to pay in higher employment will result in higher inflation. Most people look at it as we are only paying employee's more, but we are also paying more payroll taxes, higher unemployment insurance and workers comp, not to mention higher cost of goods.