Sit or stand? The great debate.

DAA

Supporting Member
Without actually watching the video or knowing what this is really about, for the record, I'm more of a stand guy. Depends on what kind of a mood my back is in at the moment though.

- DAA

sixstringsteve

I don't think this thread could ever top the amazing comments in that article. I won't reveal my preference, but suffice it to say that I didn't realize the other half existed and that it was even an option.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I don't think this thread could ever top the amazing comments in that article. I won't reveal my preference, but suffice it to say that I didn't realize the other half existed and that it was even an option.

Me too. I was amazed and flabbergasted. The thought of all those people walking around with permanent dingleberries is disturbing.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
You guys are man enough to tell what your position is? I lay down on the floor. Who knew there was a THIRD option?

DAA

Supporting Member
You guys are man enough to tell what your position is? I lay down on the floor. Who knew there was a THIRD option?

Like I said, I'm a stander.

Thing is, all the women I've ever lived with are sitters, so I already knew sitters existed. But I always presumed it was a man/woman thing. Women sit, men stand.

Guess it's not that simple though...

But the mechanics of being a sitter seem like they would be rife with opportunity for disaster. I mean, how do you even fit your hand in there, between yourself and the seat? Surely you come in from the back, not the front? Can't see moving the material towards your junk. Ever get seat spooge scraped off onto your wrist or arm? That's got to be terrifying in a truck stop chitter. Or do you actually kinda half stand and wipe while crouching? Sounds uncomfortable... If you don't crouch, but are actually sitting on the seat, do you bring the paper up for inspection? Sounds like another opportunity for disaster. But if you don't bring it up for inspection, how do you know you are really done?

What do you do when you go camping? Stand for the trip? Or... Hey, maybe this explains why at least two guys I know will simply HOLD it, for DAYS, rather than poop while camping. I never understood that, like to keep the mail moving, myself, and being a stander, same protocol for wrapping things up whether I'm at home, a Ritz Carlton with a bidet (I really like those by the way...) or standing in sage brush on the Owyhee desert.

This sitting procedure is a mystery...

- DAA

ID Bronco

I'm amphibious so I can go either way.

But, the hairier the butt, the more important this is. I hate, hate, hate, dingle berries, even if it's just toilet paper. Maybe I'll just switch to Q-Tips. lol

DAA

Supporting Member
I have fine silky hair. It's almost like being hairless. Actually, on top of my head, it's becoming more than just like being hairless...

- DAA

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
But the mechanics of being a sitter seem like they would be rife with opportunity for disaster.

What about those occasional physics defying flyers that are hanging on and you don't even know it? If you stand, then they are on your pants! Or do you take your pants off to poop? Do you drop trou to the floor when you huck yellow too?

I mean, how do you even fit your hand in there, between yourself and the seat?

How does a posi trac on a Chevy work? How do baseball players survive the boredom of playing baseball, and overcome the threat of diabetes from constant indulgent eating without any physical exercise?

Surely you come in from the back, not the front? Can't see moving the material towards your junk. Ever get seat spooge scraped off onto your wrist or arm?

Surely, balls to butt. But, I've spoken to some experienced wipe-ists that swear you can expertly go the other direction. This seems as questionable as Kobe Bryant's fidelity.

Or do you actually kinda half stand and wipe while crouching?

That's how I operate, a little half square action. Maybe I'm a hybrid guy, and thankfully i'm capable of holding a half crouch for 15 seconds. Methinks if you can't, your poop process is probably the least of your concerns (you should probably get in better shape).

do you bring the paper up for inspection?

You don't look at a weld to make sure it was done correctly? An artist admires their final product. Shit, I might get one of those mirrors they have at the haircuttist that shows you your neckline. That might be even better.

What do you do when you go camping? Stand for the trip? Or... Hey, maybe this explains why at least two guys I know will simply HOLD it, for DAYS, rather than poop while camping. I never understood that, like to keep the mail moving, myself, and being a stander, same protocol for wrapping things up whether I'm at home, a Ritz Carlton with a bidet (I really like those by the way...) or standing in sage brush on the Owyhee desert.

I cop a squat, unleash poop, half stand and do work. I don't typically poop until, you know, I need to poop. I don't sit there and soak in my brand. My body does naturally slow things down while camping though, which I blame on my natural desire to utilize home court as much as possible, and also how my diet digresses into meat and salted snacks which I can't imagine process quite as well.

Last edited: