Northern Utah Snakes Cleanup and Trail Ride *updated* June 22nd

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
*** date change - cleanup moved to June 22nd ***

we're going to gather at Five Mile Pass on June 22nd for a cleanup of the Snakes trails and surrounding area. It'd be great to get as many folks out for this as we can. We'll be focusing on the parking lots and camping areas, but there will be plenty of time to conduct a thorough inspection of the trails themselves :). This schedule is tentative:

08:30-09:00 Meet at the parking lot
09:00-13:00 Fan out and collect trash along the bench and canyon mouths
13:00-14:00 Meet at the parking lot again for steaks and beer and dancing girls, courtesy of AllJeep
14:00-??:?? Go play

Greg, can the BLM get us a dumpster? If not, we're going to need truck beds and utility trailers to haul trash, if you have one you can bring that'd be great (don't forget a tarp and some tie downs). Hopefully everybody carries a roll of trash bags in their truck anyway, but I'll bring some extras. You might want gloves, it's not inconceivable that you'll be picking up shot up appliances and those tend to have sharp edges. AllJeep is feeding us lunch (thanks to Mesha and Skippy for being awesome), RSVP to the thread please so they know how much grub to bring.

If you're new to the RME scene this is a great chance to get involved, meet some great guys, and drive a fun trail.

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I'm in but not the same weekend as OSRC. I'm doubting the BLM will have budget to pull off a second dumpster weekend (in addition to NPLD) but I think the trash could make its way back to a dumpster in the SLC area easy enough.

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
Depending on what weekend, i would be in. I've got a contractor buddy with a trash trailer I'm sure he would let me use. Or we could haul it to Orem (just around the corner from Low Range) and throw it in my works dumpster.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
That sounds perfect, Ty.

If nobody else wants to take the reins, we'll move this thing to June 22nd, I'll see if a moderator can change the title.

treadlightly

On Land and Water
Tread Lightly! will be there with T-Shirts and swag bags for participants as well as part of our Ride-On Utah Campaign.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
I should be able to make it to this one. Kevin, I may be able to head out and caravan out there with you.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Alright I'm in, this is the weekend after I get back from Oregon so I'll be there unless my work decides to put me on stand by or something stupid.