Snowbird expansion in Mineral Basin

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
...i guess my questions from here is what are the possible outcomes from this point forward?

There are a lot of balls in the air. The BOA could deny, they could approve and it be legally challenged. Their building permit could get tied up in litigation surrounding the water. They could be forced to allow historic access through their property. It's a very fluid situation as we have to fight for information.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
From the PPAFC Facebook site, in case anyone isn't following:

Snowbird is asking for their season pass holders to email a letter of support in favor of their plans to aggressively expand into American Fork Canyon. Their current plans include extending the lift lower in Mineral Basin, two new lifts, zip lines, warming huts, etc in Mary Ellen Gulch and development on property near Tibble Fork Reservoir, yet to be divulged. Let's let Bryce (brycea@utahcounty.gov), the Utah County Commissioners and the Board of Adjustments members know how we feel about the expansion and subsequent loss of historic access.
You can find links for the Commissioners and BOA members here:
jim_dain@byu.edu
groberts@stewart.com
samotterstrom@gmail.com
kelly@unitere.com
gwduval@comcast.net
samotterstrom@gmail.com

http://americanforkcanyon.com/…/utah-county-commissioners-…/
Please take a minute to offer your important opinion on this matter ASAP!

https://www.facebook.com/ProtectAmericanForkCanyon/posts/1684105811875130?

There's another Board of Adjustments meeting this Thursday.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
As my good friends at Team 5 say... "In order to be involved, you must first show up" and in this case, the best way to show up is to write a quick email to the BOA at the above links asking the BOA to deny this permit as it is unsafe and irresponsible to allow a ski run over the top of county roads and historic right-of-ways!

sixstringsteve

Letter sent. Thanks for all you guys are doing on the team. That summary was really well organized, and helped me better educate myself on the issues.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
Screw utah county board of adjustments. It was abundantly clear that this was against the will of utah county residents. I live in Highland, and feel completely betrayed. I'm pissed.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
It's not over. There are several cards still in play - folks are trying to get the EPA to look into the hazardous waste issue, trying to get the AG to look into the bribery, and then there's the question of lawsuits to force the County to reverse their decision. It's a blow, but it's not over.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
It's not over. There are several cards still in play - folks are trying to get the EPA to look into the hazardous waste issue, trying to get the AG to look into the bribery, and then there's the question of lawsuits to force the County to reverse their decision. It's a blow, but it's not over.

That really could backfire but I do realize that's what people are wanting.