So I picked up a project TJ

J-mobzz

Awesome, I totally remember that thing. My loud-mouthed friend once told you that you should swap a 351 in it and you wanted to fight him 🤣

You and @cjncustoms had the coolest rides in that parking lot.
Haha that’s funny. that red one had a 383 stroker in it that took my 17yo life savings to build so I probably took it personal.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Haha that’s funny. that red one had a 383 stroker in it that took my 17yo life savings to build so I probably took it personal.
That's rad! Yeah he knew it would piss you off and it worked. He was in a lot of fights and never backed down but the fire in your eyes scared him :rofl:

It just goes to show you don't mess with a teenage boy's pride and joy.

J-mobzz

So I would really like to hear some feedback from you guys. The Jeep came with these cheesy Nerf bar things I don’t love them, but I can’t say that I hate them either. I think they definitely help people get in and out of the Jeep. I’m thinking about just repainting them in truck bedliner, and putting them back on. What’s your opinion? Run them or if not, what would you run? The jeep will definitely see some offloading but nothing serious at all realistically my kids get their drivers licenses in August and I imagine they’ll mostly be taking over the jeep when the weather is decent.

IMG_0528.jpeg

A few pictures of everything after today. I still need to clean up and paint the rear bumper swing out that I picked up from @SoopaHick and then mount the spare tire. I’m also waiting for one socket for the driver front side marker light to wire that up. I’ll probably just throw some new seat covers on it and roll it that way and then this fall I’ll work on the inside sewing new upholstery and stuff. I don’t know if I love the black lights but when I was putting it together in my mind, it felt very 1999 appropriate especially with the 15 inch D wheels. And I’m not in love with the front bumper, but I think it’s good enough to leave. I’ll probably throw a $350 eBay winch on it.
IMG_9230.jpeg
IMG_9228.jpeg

J-mobzz

Run 'em until something you like better falls into your lap.
I think if you don't hate the nerfs, line 'em and run 'em.

- DAA
Thanks guys, that’s the reassurance I needed.

I’d personally build some simple round tube nerfs.
I probably will build something at some point. I just have so many projects on the table right now. I kind of want to just get this thing driving.

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
I cut the simple round tube nerf bar thingamajigs off of mine that you can have if you want. I tried to cut them real close to the frame so dimensionally they should still work. very similar to what you've got but you could maybe tuck them in a bit tighter.
IMG_0470.jpeg

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I cut the simple round tube nerf bar thingamajigs off of mine that you can have if you want. I tried to cut them real close to the frame so dimensionally they should still work. very similar to what you've got but you could maybe tuck them in a bit tighter.
View attachment 173463
Those were O.G. Beach's Off Road units!

If they're a tad short, a frame plate would space them out appropriately. And be stronger anyway.