Southwest Crawlfest???

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
The situation has turned into a giant tangled web of missing money, donated goods, and other fraudulent actions. RME is disassociating itself with the SWCF.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Whats up with the SWCF forum being shut down???

RME said:
ATTENTION - SWCF FORUM CLOSED.
Due to threats of legal action to the owners of RME4x4.com, the Southwest Crawlfest forum will be closed indefinitely.

The discussion that caused this threat has been deleted. Even though this is an open public forum and we welcome discussion about almost any subject, we would prefer that discussions pertaining to Southwest Crawlfest and it's event organizer are no longer posted on the open forum.

We hope our members understand the position we've been put in and respect our decision to delete the thread and close the SWCF forum. While RME4x4.com has supported the event by creating the SWFC forum as a place online to discuss the event, we are and were in no way associated with Southwest Crawlfest.

Best,
RME Staff

I'd imagine that says it all?

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
You beat me to it.. Took me a minute to get the statement. I agree, should be pretty self explanatory.

R

rockdog

The situation has turned into a giant tangled web of missing money, donated goods, and other fraudulent actions. RME is disassociating itself with the SWCF.

Wow, I missed the thread that pertains to the RME statement. But this is just sad. This could have been an ongoing good thing for that area of the state.
Anything that grows as fast as this event has is hard to keep control of. Just really sad to hear!

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
I would hope that if there is an event, that it will have a new face, new name etc. That would be the best bet to get sponsors involved again. Or better yet, I would just plan to attend the u4wda event, winter on the rocks

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
But constant experience shows us that every man invested with power is apt to abuse it, and to carry his authority as far as it will go.

Checks and balances... Checks, and balances.

Don B

formerly rebarguy
I would hope that if there is an event, that it will have a new face, new name etc. That would be the best bet to get sponsors involved again. Or better yet, I would just plan to attend the u4wda event, winter on the rocks

Winter on the Rocks
This weekend
Next year
Hopefully many years to come
WOTR is turning into more of a community event with many people involved rather than one persons promotion

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Wow, I missed the thread that pertains to the RME statement. But this is just sad. This could have been an ongoing good thing for that area of the state. yep, coulda been... :(
Anything that grows as fast as this event has is hard to keep control of. Just really sad to hear!

eeehhh, it's not really the size or growth of the event that's the problem w/SWCF.

Go Robbie! :D

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Winter on the rocks will be held each year. I believe they are going to shoot for Presidents day weekend each year now. I am down here now and am looking forward to the next two days of events. It is always a blast.