Jeep Speed Goat TJ, the anti-build thread

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
If you need to maximize your airflow, keep your dimpled holes in mind. They'll allow airflow to the fan that doesn't pass thru the rad.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
If you need to maximize your airflow, keep your dimpled holes in mind. They'll allow airflow to the fan that doesn't pass thru the rad.

Yeah, I figured I could plug them if needed. They are pretty small at 1" and added for rigidity to the flat aluminum plate. As of now with the fan running, I can feel air flow up to 18" in front of the grill... it's currently moving a ton of air!

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Had a chance to test out the new high CFM Spal fan & new shroud the last couple days with a trip up Cliffhanger and then 21 Road, the next day. The ambient temps weren't too high, 60's and 70's but there was enough low speed crawling and technical driving that the engine was tested on it's ability to stay cool. On both days, the engine temps stayed between 180-190*, never saw the gauge get above 195*... which is a massive change. The new fan is super loud, but it keeps the engine happy!

Another change I made was a smaller idler pulley.... last Summer in Moab when it was 100*'s out, the serp belt would contact the thermostat housing and sounded like a damn rod knock! It would also rattle every time I shut off the engine. I used a smaller aftermarket idler and put on a new belt and now it doesn't contact the thermostat housing!

20240525_150208-X2.jpg

Screenshot_20240527_114335_Gallery-X2.jpg