Spotted

DAA

Been driving the loaner Gladiator just a little bit. It is pretty anemic in stock form. That 3.6 seems like it wants to be at 5k RPM a lot just daily driving and while it makes a lot of noise doing it, it doesn't exactly scoot.

Cindy says I shouldn't get one now, too slow she says :rofl: . I remind her how much slower my LJ is, but that doesn't register. After driving her 2.0 JLU, the JT does seem awful pokey though I have to agree.

- DAA

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Been driving the loaner Gladiator just a little bit. It is pretty anemic in stock form. That 3.6 seems like it wants to be at 5k RPM a lot just daily driving and while it makes a lot of noise doing it, it doesn't exactly scoot.

Cindy says I shouldn't get one now, too slow she says :rofl: . I remind her how much slower my LJ is, but that doesn't register. After driving her 2.0 JLU, the JT does seem awful pokey though I have to agree.

- DAA

Is it a Rubicon? I thought my JT with the 3.6 in stock form with 4.10's was pretty sporty from a start.

DAA

Yeah, it's a Rubi. It's a rocket compared to my LJ. But her JLU is a rocket compared to the JT. Just way more low end on the 2.0 and it's a lot less revvy, doesn't downshift nearly as much as the 3.6 on the 8 speed. Feels like that 3.6 wants to drop a gear and find it's happy place at high RPM every chance it gets. I could get used to it. But it is a different driving experience.

- DAA

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Yeah, it's a Rubi. It's a rocket compared to my LJ. But her JLU is a rocket compared to the JT. Just way more low end on the 2.0 and it's a lot less revvy, doesn't downshift nearly as much as the 3.6 on the 8 speed. Feels like that 3.6 wants to drop a gear and find it's happy place at high RPM every chance it gets. I could get used to it. But it is a different driving experience.

- DAA
I’m wondering if they’re mapped different. The JL is a rocket compared to my JT. Both 3.6. JL has 3.45s and the JT has 4.10. I know the JT weighs more but figure the 4.10 would make up for that. The JL just flat out scoots, and doesn’t like to rev out as much.

DAA

Her JL has 4.10's and 315's.

Interesting a JL with the 3.6 is also a lot zippier and less revvy than the JT with the same motor.

The 2.0 and 3.6 dyno curves are not similar though. The 2.0 makes a lot more torque and horsepower a lot lower in the RPM range and keeps a pretty flat curve and healthy power lead over the 3,6 until the 3.6 goes into RPM higher than the 2.0 goes and then they both top out about the same. But everywhere under the curve below about 5K RPM, the 2.0 is making quite a bit more power.

This is the first hit I got on google for dyno charts. I think they are non official rear wheel dyno pulls and I didn't read the text to find out if one of them had huge tires or something adding to the difference. But the top chart shows pretty well what it feels like to drive Cindy's JLU compared to her loaner JT.

- DAA

DAA

I'll let you borrow my throttle commander for the JT - wakes it up, especially on the sportier settings.

WOT Baby! :rofl:

I think that must be how my wife drives. WOT.

I daily drive an old 5.7 Ram 1500 with the 8 speed. In my daily driving, the computer reported MPG is always in the 15's, or climbs into the 16's for a longer freeway cruise. Cindy works about 3 miles away. She takes my truck to work for two days and the computer is reporting MPG in the 13's.

How's that work?

I should go check the Costco parking lot for KO2 donuts...

- DAA

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
WOT Baby! :rofl:

I think that must be how my wife drives. WOT.

I daily drive an old 5.7 Ram 1500 with the 8 speed. In my daily driving, the computer reported MPG is always in the 15's, or climbs into the 16's for a longer freeway cruise. Cindy works about 3 miles away. She takes my truck to work for two days and the computer is reporting MPG in the 13's.

How's that work?

I should go check the Costco parking lot for KO2 donuts...

- DAA
I have the same experience. My wife gets 30% less fuel mileage than me in the same vehicle. Light to light drag circuit.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I didn’t want to go inside for a photo, but this 'Shelby' is 100% 3D printed and on display at the department of energy in D.C.

IMG_5909.jpeg

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Spotted @Thursty in Green River tonight at a town hall meeting about a drilling project near town, apparently I wouldn't know Mike if he was standing right in front of me! 🤣 Good to finally meet you face to face and talk about what's happening in your neighborhood. 😉
Doesn't he totally look like a Mike Thurston though? Like, if I hadn't met him, and you asked me to describe what a guy named Mike Thurston should look like, that'd be it.