Stan Prueitt's Dodge T-Rex 6x6

Owners Name & City-Stan Prueitt Somewhere in Utah

Make, Model & Year of Vehicle-1997 Dodge T-Rex 6x6 6500

Engine-V10

Transmission-47RE HD

T-Case-241 HD

Axles- 3 Rockwell 2.5 Ton with Detroit lockers

Suspension-coil 4 link

Wheels and Tires- Hummer Internal Beadlock, with Interco Iroc tires, or Swampers. Interco is our sponsor so we change tires alot.

Winch- Mile Marker Hyd.

Favorite Trails-New Mexico four corners area, all of Moab, Hollister Hills CA....to many to list.

Other-The T-Rex is a rare rig that we try to keep nice looking for all of our sponsors yet, we still wheel the crap out of it. It has schooled many rock buggies on thier own turf, and has won many safaris. It also is excellent at rescueing stuck rigs. I am now a yearly judge at TTC, and I help set up and design the courses. I also use the T-Rex at TTC to extract stuck and dead rigs. Last year I took the T-Rex in three times into the Tank Trap to Extract the D100, the Mudder Bronco, and the huge 11,000 pounder Kaiser. That was a trip. The T-Rex is here with me in Utah, but my Tow Rig and Trailer are still down in New Mexico. The T-Rex is street legal but sucks the gas and only has a top speed on the highway of about 55. Since is has lockers on all three axles, the streets also tear up my tires, so when I can I trailer it to the trails I do.
0001DSCF1346.jpg

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
Dont mix brakes types. Yes we are going with new axles with Wheel disk brakes that are safer that pinion and more streetable. We will be running an article in FourWheeler about the new axles. I was going to get them from Reb Barn but they have not been very responsive. Also I have another serious buyer form Russia who wants to buy the T-Rex. Interesting Ill see if he goes form my price. Hee hee.

If not I am partners in a new Offraod custom shop down in Bayfield CO. It will be called Mojo Offroad. It is a spring off of a very successful body shop down there. If I don't sell the T-Rex then we are going to overhaul the T-Rex, new paint same color, new axles, etc.... Stay tuned.

I'm waiting patiently!!!! I need updates!!! :D:D

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
So while I wait to upgrade the T-Rex I finished my small 6x6 AATV project. It is fun... and now for sale.

DSCF8118.jpgDSCF8119.jpgDSCF8120.jpgDSCF8121.jpgDSCF8124.jpg

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Here is my other project, My winter time daily driver and light wheeler. A 1998 Wrangler. I got armor on (rock rail and fenders), new bumper and winch, lockers, and in the next couple of months I will make a new rear bumper and tire rack with jerry can holder. Next spring it will get new paint... you guessed it -lime green:rofl:DSCF8115.jpgDSCF8116.jpgDSCF8117.jpg

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Nice, welcome to the dark side.

I loved my Cheerokees so I thought I would give the Wranglers a try, I really like it. Rebuilt motor and I have a ton of plans for it. Maybe streatch it and throw another axle under it for good measure...hee hee....

LT.

I loved my Cheerokees so I thought I would give the Wranglers a try, I really like it. Rebuilt motor and I have a ton of plans for it. Maybe streatch it and throw another axle under it for good measure...hee hee....

If ever there was a need for a support club this would be it. Maybe someone on this board can help you.

LT.

gertsch

Love my wrangler! But Jessie has talked me into resurrecting my grand Cherokee. So I'll probably need ur help painting it instead. Since Sally will mostly be torn apart to go into the grand.

Hey guys! Big fan of the T-Rex :D

Stan, i'm very interested in how you did the tandem drives on your previous tow rig. I saw you say you had a corp 14 bolt and a dana axle, but how did you connect them? Have any pictures?

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
By the way everybody, The T-Rex has a new owner, Yes that is right, Turbosniper is the new owner of the T-Rex. He will take good care of it and will make it even better. I am going to work on my little Jeep project for awhile.