Stan Prueitt's Dodge T-Rex 6x6

Owners Name & City-Stan Prueitt Somewhere in Utah

Make, Model & Year of Vehicle-1997 Dodge T-Rex 6x6 6500

Engine-V10

Transmission-47RE HD

T-Case-241 HD

Axles- 3 Rockwell 2.5 Ton with Detroit lockers

Suspension-coil 4 link

Wheels and Tires- Hummer Internal Beadlock, with Interco Iroc tires, or Swampers. Interco is our sponsor so we change tires alot.

Winch- Mile Marker Hyd.

Favorite Trails-New Mexico four corners area, all of Moab, Hollister Hills CA....to many to list.

Other-The T-Rex is a rare rig that we try to keep nice looking for all of our sponsors yet, we still wheel the crap out of it. It has schooled many rock buggies on thier own turf, and has won many safaris. It also is excellent at rescueing stuck rigs. I am now a yearly judge at TTC, and I help set up and design the courses. I also use the T-Rex at TTC to extract stuck and dead rigs. Last year I took the T-Rex in three times into the Tank Trap to Extract the D100, the Mudder Bronco, and the huge 11,000 pounder Kaiser. That was a trip. The T-Rex is here with me in Utah, but my Tow Rig and Trailer are still down in New Mexico. The T-Rex is street legal but sucks the gas and only has a top speed on the highway of about 55. Since is has lockers on all three axles, the streets also tear up my tires, so when I can I trailer it to the trails I do.
0001DSCF1346.jpg

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Hey Stan, I was in Ogden on Saturday seeing my mom for Mother's Day. I was across the street from the auto parts store where you were. I was going to pull over there to say howdy, but you were out of the parking lot before I could there. That was me at the light waving like a lunatic. Looked like LT in the dually Dodge behind you.

I thought that might be you,...or some other lunatic with a wild muscle spazm in his arm...:p

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
Easy there killer. Turbo is a close friend of the family and has had more crazy ideas for off road use in a few hours then most of us have in a life time.

LT.
Thanks LT!! It definitely means a lot to me that I am allowed to be so close to the family!! Heck, sometimes Stan's kids cling to me just like mine do :)! It is always like a big family reunion whenever we get together in Moab for wheeling!!
Besides... Since I am such a Mopar guy and my crawler is a '97 Dodge, it is very difficult to not draw inspiration and build thoughts from that T-Rex!!

And those "Crazy ideas for off road use", I guess I am just hit with a gift of a brain that just goes keeps going. I get thinking about something and it just flows! Just lucky I guess!!
- Matt

Last edited:

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
So here is the New Tow rig and new winch bumper. The stock bumper is just too whimpy...one deer and it is toast. So:
38654900003_large.jpg

Before:

38654900005_large.jpg

Bumper removed

38654900006_large.jpg

The basic frame is 1/2 inch T1 Armor plate. It took 6 drill bits to get 4 holes...man this is hard stuff.

38654900012_large.jpg

I built this at Turbosnipers shop. He was feeling ill so he could not join in on the fun, but I used his plasma cutter and stuff. Thanks Matt!!

38654900008_large.jpg

38654900010_large.jpg

Back at hope I put on D-rings, Winch Plate, lights, winch, and Rhino Lining.

38654900016_large.jpg

38654900020_large.jpg

Roller Fare-lead is hidden by the license plate.

38654900002_large.jpg

38654900019_large.jpg

38654900018_large.jpg

Its not done, I need to round it off and put on some side plates, but I needed it before our trip to TTC 2010. Not bad for 8 hours of work.:p

Last edited:

LT.

Is it just me or is your winch a little on the "cute" side for your tow rig? Good work on the bumper. It really brings the truck, trailer, and camper together. Job well done, sir.

LT.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Is it just me or is your winch a little on the "cute" side for your tow rig? Good work on the bumper. It really brings the truck, trailer, and camper together. Job well done, sir.

LT.

Due to the shear gerth of the truck and bumper it does look small, but it is rated for the truck. If you put this winch on my Jeep it would look big.

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
NICE Rig's, but there is still no pictures of the walk through of the T-Rex:confused:
Just for you..... Here is the link to the video of Sprueitt driving over LT... Oh yeah, LT is laying on his back in the "Wedgie" Obstacle on the Poison Spider Mesa trail in Moab, UT.. (for those of you that didn't immediately recognize it), and I am guiding him through so nothing ugly happens! ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ81vg3S0T0&feature=related
Check out 11 seconds into the video, again if it isn't blatantly obvious.

This should give you a great look at the drivetrain of the T-Rex!!! :greg:
Enjoy!
- Matt

edit: I have your back Stan!! :D

Last edited:

Scott39

:thumbs:
Just for you..... Here is the link to the video of Sprueitt driving over LT... Oh yeah, LT is laying on his back in the "Wedgie" Obstacle on the Poison Spider Mesa trail in Moab, UT.. (for those of you that didn't immediately recognize it), and I am guiding him through so nothing ugly happens! ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ81vg3S0T0&feature=related
Check out 11 seconds into the video, again if it isn't blatantly obvious.

This should give you a great look at the drivetrain of the T-Rex!!! :greg:
Enjoy!
- Matt

edit: I have your back Stan!! :D
Thanks! That is a cool video of the drivetrain:D
I read somewhere that he has his cab cut out to seat three people in the half topper he has on it. I would like to see some pictures of the cut out job:greg:
This truck is one of the coolest Dodges on the trails.:thumbs:

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
You are exactly correct in what you heard about the cab and seating for three. It would be a cozy three adults... but three kids fit comfortably in there. The back of the standard cab has a very large cutout in it and then the shell is filled in to form a seal all around and in essence make an extended cab that goes into the bed. Great design that works even better!!!
You will have to keep bugging Stan for the pictures though... that is actually one thing that I don't have pictures of in that truck!!! About the only thing about the truck I don't have pictures of.. hehe
- Matt

Scott39

You are exactly correct in what you heard about the cab and seating for three. It would be a cozy three adults... but three kids fit comfortably in there. The back of the standard cab has a very large cutout in it and then the shell is filled in to form a seal all around and in essence make an extended cab that goes into the bed. Great design that works even better!!!
You will have to keep bugging Stan for the pictures though... that is actually one thing that I don't have pictures of in that truck!!! About the only thing about the truck I don't have pictures of.. hehe
- Matt
Cool, thanks for the info. I hope Stan can come up with some detailed pics someday of his cool cab.:D

LT.

Cool, thanks for the info. I hope Stan can come up with some detailed pics someday of his cool cab.:D

The best way to check out the inside of his rig would be to join him on a run. I am sure he would be more than happy to let you climb all over the truck and take all the pictures you want. Sprueitt and family are the nicest folks you will run into.

LT.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
I'll try and remember to get some pictures of the inside before a destroy this poor beast.

Here is last trips video:

Someone asked if I made it up the obstacles, yes we did but we ended up winching up Eagles Nest. I just noticed in the video that I did not show us actually making it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioQYh-jx-_0

Scott39

I'll try and remember to get some pictures of the inside before a destroy this poor beast.

Here is last trips video:

Someone asked if I made it up the obstacles, yes we did but we ended up winching up Eagles Nest. I just noticed in the video that I did not show us actually making it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioQYh-jx-_0
Cool! What will you build if you destroyed it, another one?:D
Yeah, I saw this video and your other one over on CO4x4.org.

I could only imagine trying to upright your rig if you would have rolled it, 3winches maybe:D

Your truck is a unique truck/rockcrawler.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Cool! What will you build if you destroyed it, another one?:D
Yeah, I saw this video and your other one over on CO4x4.org.

I could only imagine trying to upright your rig if you would have rolled it, 3winches maybe:D

Your truck is a unique truck/rockcrawler.

IF we destroy this one I want to build a 6x6 rock buggy with six wheel sterring and alot lighter. That would solve any of the handicaps we currently have.