Stan Prueitt's Dodge T-Rex 6x6

Owners Name & City-Stan Prueitt Somewhere in Utah

Make, Model & Year of Vehicle-1997 Dodge T-Rex 6x6 6500

Engine-V10

Transmission-47RE HD

T-Case-241 HD

Axles- 3 Rockwell 2.5 Ton with Detroit lockers

Suspension-coil 4 link

Wheels and Tires- Hummer Internal Beadlock, with Interco Iroc tires, or Swampers. Interco is our sponsor so we change tires alot.

Winch- Mile Marker Hyd.

Favorite Trails-New Mexico four corners area, all of Moab, Hollister Hills CA....to many to list.

Other-The T-Rex is a rare rig that we try to keep nice looking for all of our sponsors yet, we still wheel the crap out of it. It has schooled many rock buggies on thier own turf, and has won many safaris. It also is excellent at rescueing stuck rigs. I am now a yearly judge at TTC, and I help set up and design the courses. I also use the T-Rex at TTC to extract stuck and dead rigs. Last year I took the T-Rex in three times into the Tank Trap to Extract the D100, the Mudder Bronco, and the huge 11,000 pounder Kaiser. That was a trip. The T-Rex is here with me in Utah, but my Tow Rig and Trailer are still down in New Mexico. The T-Rex is street legal but sucks the gas and only has a top speed on the highway of about 55. Since is has lockers on all three axles, the streets also tear up my tires, so when I can I trailer it to the trails I do.
0001DSCF1346.jpg

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Im still in Moab as we speak. The new heim joints are great. The truck drives down the street and Highway here in Moab great. It handles well. Off Road they are doing pretty good, But I did lose a little articulation. I did notice that my front and rear most Pinon bearings are going out.....Dang Rockwells, they always need someting. THese axles cost more and more. If they were Danas or something I might not have spent so much money on them. With Rockwells you are forever replacing seals, boots, and bearings....GRRRRR!!!!:mad:

Also These Irocs do not hook up as well as my old swampers. Things that I used to just walk up, now give me more work, plus they are not wearing well. I have burned them down to almost nothing, and Even several blocks of tread have torn off. Not with my swampers. I should try Pitbulls next time. Mickey Thompson wants to sponsor some claws for my work At Top Truck Challenge. Also the BF Goodrich guys have the new 42 Crawlers out. They looked pretty good.

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
Here you go Stan.... I am officially posting your first picture from Safari!! The best part is that it isn't even mine! This was on a friend of mine's facebook page!
Heather's pic of the group.jpg
The caption under it was as follows:
"I am dwarfed by the T-Rex and the Broncos on 52's"
It would appear that this was taken on Poison Spider Mesa right after the waterfall. The funny thing is that unless Randy's rig is a Bronco (and I am just completely blind here -_- ) I don't see any Broncos, much less any on 52s!! I guess some people are just not blessed with the gift of being able to tell tire type and size just by looking at them like some of us arem.
It was really great getting to see each and everyone of you that I was able to see this time!!! I really miss you all and even for the short few minutes like it was. It truly is amazing what a few minutes with a group of of your best friends in the world can do for you, even if you can't wheel.... like I can't right now, due to medical reasons!!
I hope you can have fun for the remainder of your stay there!! And remember how we were talking about how another person brought up my "Black-Dodge truck" in the group?? It is kind of funny because on the tv show Overhaulin today they did a 68 Dodge Coronet and they used the exact same color, metallic pearl moss green just for the reason that it is often confused with black on many vehicles if it is painted properly!!! So go figure!!! Interesting how my "Black dodge" now has a heritage that reaches way back to the odd lineage of the Coronet!!!

NICE!!!!!!

I took some pictures of the mounting system of Matt Thorson's front bumper on his Kodiak so we should be able to learn something from that!!!
Have a great night brother, and I will talk with you soon!!!!!
- Matt Klouzek

Last edited:

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Here you go Stan.... I am officially posting your first picture from Safari!! The best part is that it isn't even mine! This was on a friend of mine's facebook page!
View attachment 54799
The caption under it was as follows:
"I am dwarfed by the T-Rex and the Broncos on 52's"
It would appear that this was taken on Poison Spider Mesa right after the waterfall. The funny thing is that unless Randy's rig is a Bronco (and I am just completely blind here -_- ) I don't see any Broncos, much less any on 52s!! I guess some people are just not blessed with the gift of being able to tell tire type and size just by looking at them like some of us arem.
It was really great getting to see each and everyone of you that I was able to see this time!!! I really miss you all and even for the short few minutes like it was. It truly is amazing what a few minutes with a group of of your best friends in the world can do for you, even if you can't wheel.... like I can't right now, due to medical reasons!!
I hope you can have fun for the remainder of your stay there!! And remember how we were talking about how another person brought up my "Black-Dodge truck" in the group?? It is kind of funny because on the tv show Overhaulin today they did a 68 Dodge Coronet and they used a color the exact same color, metallic peal moss green just for the reason that it is often confused with black on many vehicles if it is painted properly!!! So go figure!!! Interesting how my "Black dodge" now has a heritage that reaches way back to the odd lineage of the Coronet!!!

NICE!!!!!!

I took some pictures of the mounting system of Matt Thorson's front bumper on his Kodiak so we should be able to learn something from that!!!
Have a great night brother, and I will talk with you soon!!!!!
- Matt Klouzek

You da' man Matt. YOu will only be done for a short while, you will be soon good as new. We got to get your dodge out on the trails.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
The Rockwells sound like Mog axles. I was always working on mine. I like Danas.

Yeah I could have built this like I did my 6x6 tow rig, with Dana 70's and a gear over box. Oh well, I will keep the rockwells and that will keep me busy. They are tough that is for sure, but the constant maintenance is getting old. I miss wheelin in my Ramcharger, It never needed any work, it just worked.

DODGE=

Damm
Old
Dodge
Goes
Everywhere

Here was the tow rig I built:

26473570001_large.jpg

Last edited:

Hunt

1. Sell the T-rex and the car.
2. Build a KOH/Ultra 4 car.
3. Paint it green.
4. Enjoy the best of both worlds in one vehicle.:rofl:

Both look great!

Last edited:

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
Love it Stan!!! If I had to choose between the two of those..... It would really be a tough decision for me!!! I mean I have been head over heels smitten for the T-Rex ever since I saw the first pictures and videos of it. Then when I met you guys and got to wheel with you and saw in person how it performed...... SHAZAAM!! Then as our relationship has developed and you let me drive it some..... that SHAZAAM turned into a complete SHAWWING!!! You and the T-Rex are the reason that I have designed the "T-REX Junior 6x6 Buggy" as well as my rig, the "Rocktopus 8x8 Buggy"!!!
However now that you have the new Charger R/T.... all decked out with the shaker hood and those sweet black wheels, and the nice throaty exhaust..... I'm in love!!! I have always wanted a Charger R/T or SRT.... seeing yours makes me wish I could run right out and get the one I have been dreaming of so I could have comfortable travel for me and my daughters when we are not in the monster trucks, or going cross country!! Ultimately this is what it comes down to:
Dodge T-Rex 6x6 :ugh: Dodge Ch
arger R/T (Modified!)
All in all.... TOUGH CHOICE!!!!!
Your friend,
- Matt

Bart

Hey Stan, I was in Ogden on Saturday seeing my mom for Mother's Day. I was across the street from the auto parts store where you were. I was going to pull over there to say howdy, but you were out of the parking lot before I could there. That was me at the light waving like a lunatic. Looked like LT in the dually Dodge behind you.

LT.

Hey Stan, I was in Ogden on Saturday seeing my mom for Mother's Day. I was across the street from the auto parts store where you were. I was going to pull over there to say howdy, but you were out of the parking lot before I could there. That was me at the light waving like a lunatic. Looked like LT in the dually Dodge behind you.

Yep, that was us. Dang it, I wish we could have caught up with ya.

LT.

redtoy

Love it Stan!!! If I had to choose between the two of those..... It would really be a tough decision for me!!! I mean I have been head over heels smitten for the T-Rex ever since I saw the first pictures and videos of it. Then when I met you guys and got to wheel with you and saw in person how it performed...... SHAZAAM!! Then as our relationship has developed and you let me drive it some..... that SHAZAAM turned into a complete SHAWWING!!! You and the T-Rex are the reason that I have designed the "T-REX Junior 6x6 Buggy" as well as my rig, the "Rocktopus 8x8 Buggy"!!!
However now that you have the new Charger R/T.... all decked out with the shaker hood and those sweet black wheels, and the nice throaty exhaust..... I'm in love!!! I have always wanted a Charger R/T or SRT.... seeing yours makes me wish I could run right out and get the one I have been dreaming of so I could have comfortable travel for me and my daughters when we are not in the monster trucks, or going cross country!! Ultimately this is what it comes down to:
Dodge T-Rex 6x6 :ugh: Dodge Ch
arger R/T (Modified!)
All in all.... TOUGH CHOICE!!!!!
Your friend,
- Matt

Dude I think you got some brown stuff on your nose