Stan Prueitt's Dodge T-Rex 6x6

Owners Name & City-Stan Prueitt Somewhere in Utah

Make, Model & Year of Vehicle-1997 Dodge T-Rex 6x6 6500

Engine-V10

Transmission-47RE HD

T-Case-241 HD

Axles- 3 Rockwell 2.5 Ton with Detroit lockers

Suspension-coil 4 link

Wheels and Tires- Hummer Internal Beadlock, with Interco Iroc tires, or Swampers. Interco is our sponsor so we change tires alot.

Winch- Mile Marker Hyd.

Favorite Trails-New Mexico four corners area, all of Moab, Hollister Hills CA....to many to list.

Other-The T-Rex is a rare rig that we try to keep nice looking for all of our sponsors yet, we still wheel the crap out of it. It has schooled many rock buggies on thier own turf, and has won many safaris. It also is excellent at rescueing stuck rigs. I am now a yearly judge at TTC, and I help set up and design the courses. I also use the T-Rex at TTC to extract stuck and dead rigs. Last year I took the T-Rex in three times into the Tank Trap to Extract the D100, the Mudder Bronco, and the huge 11,000 pounder Kaiser. That was a trip. The T-Rex is here with me in Utah, but my Tow Rig and Trailer are still down in New Mexico. The T-Rex is street legal but sucks the gas and only has a top speed on the highway of about 55. Since is has lockers on all three axles, the streets also tear up my tires, so when I can I trailer it to the trails I do.
0001DSCF1346.jpg

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
I looked at several suspension concepts, coils, walking beam, linked air-bags. it was tough. The walking beam would force traction as you articulate, but you run into issues with the clearance, and the amount of travel. So we opted to go with coils. Turbosniper and I built the airbag coil set up, but we ran in to some issues with spacing so we never finished the project. So we stuck with coils. The rear axle could travel even more if the drive shafts would allow, the shafts are all custom ( won't mention the brand becuase they were supposed to be indestructable until we broke one...hee..hee...) The Rockwells are great, but they have thier drawbacks.....noisy, leak alot, heavy, lots of gear lash, noisy, high maintenance, low gears ( not so hot on the road), noisy, and did I mention Noisy??!!

Regular 14 bolt are good if you use a gear over box, They are much more highway friendly.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
So finally we have found the long last twin brother of the T-Rex. Fraternal Twin of course. Well, we had to adopt it, so we welcome Mr. Daytona....:D:D:D

26458230132_large.jpg

26458230127_large.jpg

26458230134_large.jpg

STAG

That is sweeeeet! Just my .02 everything on the charger is wonderful, except the chrome rims.. just not my taste.. any plans for them? looks great next to the T-Rex!

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Yeah, I thought the same thing. It is the only chrome on the vehicle.

Plans are:

I found some flat black SRT8 Rims so that will be one purchase

Shaker Hood with cold air induction

Flowmaster exhaust

That should do it for awhile. I have to give the T-Rex some attention before it gets jelous.

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
:eek: That is a sweet looking car there Brother!!!! I know how long you have been wanting to get one of those and now it would appear it has happened! I think I can remember talking about how much you want a Lime light green Charger R/T for the past years, heck almost everytime we are together we talk about you wanting one!!!!
Major congrats on the new wheels!!! So then the next question is, when will I be building a nice armor plate (bulletproof!) bumper for it?? Maybe even front and rear!!!
Talk to you soon brother!!!
Your friend, Matt!;)

Scott39

Nice rides. Did you ever happen to get photos of the interior of your truck :) I will be in Moab the 1st part of the week for the EJS. If you're going to be there I would like to check out your trucks cab where you cut it out. I know you wheel your truck hard, has the cab started to split anywhere around the back where you cut it out?
Thx.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Nice rides. Did you ever happen to get photos of the interior of your truck :) I will be in Moab the 1st part of the week for the EJS. If you're going to be there I would like to check out your trucks cab where you cut it out. I know you wheel your truck hard, has the cab started to split anywhere around the back where you cut it out?
Thx.

No cracks in the cab part. I do have some cracks in the bed where we extended the rear wheel wells. That was the work that I got done by the professionals that Dodge Sponsored.... go figure. :p

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
So the T-Rex got all new heim joints and it rides really nice on the road. Can't wait to take it out in Moab. Just before that I got a chance to install a cold air induction Shaker hood on the street machine.

Here are some photos:

38439620018_large.jpg

The First coat of primer
38439620022_large.jpg

38439620024_large.jpg

38439620029_large.jpg

38439620031_large.jpg

38439620015_large.jpg

I know I know....its not a 4x4 or a 6x6, but it sure is fun to drive, and now it drives even faster. T-Rex for the slow and go, and the Charger for quick burn adrenalyn rush....Just had to share...

Soon to come black rims.

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
OOOOOOOOOHHH YEAH!!!! :cool: VERY NICE!!! I love it Stan! It is the perfect balance of lime green and black! I also bet that it looks super sweet cruising down the road and gets a few looks as well ;)
Hopefully one of these days I will be able to get up your direction and see it, and go for a ride with you to get some Papa Murphy's take-n-bake!! (remember my first trip down to LA to your house and when you and I went out to get pizza in your white RC???:D)
So what is the next mod?? Performance suspension and brakes?? (lime green coilovers and brake calipers of course!!:p)
Talk to you soon and hopefully see you at EJS!!
- Matt