Northern Utah Start planning -- Saturday, March 15th -- "Last wheel before baby" run!

Troop92

When: Saturday, March 15th
Where: Old Ward Canyon above Bountiful

Time: 10am meet @ B staging area

As stated in the thread title, it will most likely be the last time wifey will let me get out before Jr comes. We're running Old Ward Canyon above Bountiful. Depending on conditions, we might be able to run it from the bottom up and then turn around to go down - or if conditions dictate, definitely top to bottom. Looking to stay out of the house -- it's a baby shower day, and I plan to be gone! :D

Going
Troop92
Tonkaman
Maldito X
rockwell
Hardy6pack

Maybe
moab_cj5
blznnp
Zerkalo
OrvisKrawler

Come on out, ya'll. Gonna be great.

Last edited:

chevymog

The Reaper
Im hoping to have a group of at least 4 fullsize truck going out that weekend also. one of them is going with me today out to 5 mile. i ill keep an eye on this thread to see where you end up going maybe we can all meet up.

Troop92

@chevymog - you'll have to post up a report, I'm bummed I couldn't get away today....

Honestly, as long as we get out wheeling somewhere, I'll be happy. I'm not against anything, really (ie I'll wheel mud, rock, dirt, snow...) so it's wide open. I've heard the road from Hunstville to Avon is cool, not super technical or long though, right?

SpeedyVic

It's been several years since I have driven that road, but IIRC there is one steep (but short) section that is a little rocky and has a slightly off-camber turn in it. Other than that, it is mostly scenic.

Wait, I may be thinking about the road from Mantua that meets up with the road you are talking about. The one from Avon is graded and is usually pretty smooth.

Last edited:

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Should give Old Ward another try from Top to Bottom, that should be alot easier to get through. Although by then it probably wont have as much, if any, snow as last time so bottom to top could be doable.

Alternatively you could always put together a little A to B trip with a little camping mixed in it.