Summit Run May 12th

kyojin

Thought there would have been a thread started by now. Was a very good turn out. Mike was there by 10am. Had Chocolate milk and donuts as promised. Also hooked some people up with some cool t-shirts. Lot of people I feel like I know through the board were there that I had never met. Headed towards Rattlesnake around 10:30.

The pace was good. Most were rigs/people who had done it before and didn't need any spotting. Waynes World provided some entertainment. Watched a nice white TJ make it up. Meat and WJ Zuk also made it up with ease. Jeepin Joe really wanted to make it up to show EKSJAE who is the man. His was the only video I got. Sorry for the crappy quality. Thats what you get when you use a camera phone.

[YOUTUBE]5JI3p418ZdY[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

Meat_

Banned
Yes JeepinJoe wanted it bad, but then so did you :D

That was the most people I've seen sitting at the top of WW. There were 8 from our group... nanoman, ryslc, James K, WJ ZUK, me, Jeepinjoe, kyojin and Timpanogus. I can't remember, did benjy make it up WW?

It was down to just 5 rigs for Con, plus the 5 or 6 C/Y/TJ's one full size Cherokee and an old willies wagon that were spread out on the trail.

After much bsing in the parking lot Timpanogus and I ran RS and WW again. Ran RS backwards the second time, and I somehow managed to do this

broke.jpg

All in all a fun day, inspite of the wind that kicked up while we were on the Con.

JoeT

Thanks Josh for the video!! Thanks for the run Mike! Also for the free donuts, chocolate milk and shirt! Hey Cody thanks again for spotting me and no worries about the dent that WW gave me. Next time I'll have my rock rails on. It's nice to finally be able to go to one of these. Now I get find out what that funny sound is when I let off the gas.

Last edited:

kyojin

My embedded video is not working. Anyone know how to do that?

I did want to make it pretty bad. I didn't want to hammer it too hard with my locked D30 on stock shafts. That and I couldn't let Joe make it and me not :)

How and where did you mess up your windshield?

Meat_

Banned
My embedded video is not working. Anyone know how to do that?
You only put this part in the youtube wrap 5JI3p418ZdY
How and where did you mess up your windshield?
That pine tree that is knocked down at the double water fall ended up caught between my cage and my cab... I was looking out the back "window" to see if my tires were where I wanted them on that side obstacle at the top of the double waterfall. 2low (or a big block :greg: ) would make it a lot easier to maneuver while backing up stuff....

kyojin

Thanks Meat. If Benjy was after Timpanogos in the YJ then he made it. Gonna replace the windshield or just take it out?

Meat_

Banned
Thanks Meat. If Benjy was after Timpanogos in the YJ then he made it. Gonna replace the windshield or just take it out?

Nah he's in a red TJ.

Window stays, cab goes :D The a pillar is unhurt but I'm changing the cab as soon as I have the new power train ready so I'm not going to waste effort on the windshield.

Seth

These go to 11
Great day I must say. The race back down to the trucks was a thrill.

CRW_6394.jpg

CRW_6396.jpg

CRW_6403.jpg

CRW_6404.jpg

CRW_6406.jpg

And a grumpy dog.
CRW_6407.jpg

I have some video of WW. But HD compresses s l o w l y.... so when I get that I will post it up.

JoeT

Dog? That was a small friggin B.A. horse! 225lbs of kitty munchin pooch! He kept looking at kyojin like he was a light snack on WW!

MRJ

Just a user
Thanks for coming out. And thanks for the report. One of these days i will remember everything (dang camera).

I squeeked in at 10:00 on the dot. It sure is hard to get everything, well almost everything loaded and two youg children ready to go.

I'll get the details up soon for next months trip.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Tons of fun!!! Couldn't believe you guys talked Kami into winching up the Eagles nest :cool:

Mike- thanks for the t-shirt, the guys at VPI will get a kick outta that