Summit Run May 12th

sLOWERTHANU

I don't remember a 4Runner with them, I don't think they were there for the "Summit Run", looked like maybe just some locals. Those kind of dudes blazing off the trails are the ones that give hippies their ammo to get trails shut down for all of us.

That red 4runner was with us. We weren't "Blazing off the trail" on purpose, it looked to me like a bypass. He simply did not have enough experience (I do not know him that well) and needed some help to get out of a particular situation.

You making statements such as that is what gives the hippies fuel for trail closure.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
That red 4runner was with us. We weren't "Blazing off the trail" on purpose, it looked to me like a bypass. He simply did not have enough experience (I do not know him that well) and needed some help to get out of a particular situation.

You making statements such as that is what gives the hippies fuel for trail closure.

bypasses suck

I heard the cool kids stay on the trail

MRJ

Just a user
If you want my opinion the bypass for Wayne's World is the dirt road that goes to the top. The so called bypass you are talking about should be closed and off limits.

The group the other poster was referring too, was a group of Jeeps, that appeared to be from up north. I noticed some Sky's Extreme bumpers on the red TJ with them.

JoeT

Sounds like your talking about the 4 rigs with Rocker Knocker 4x4 stickers on them. There needs to be some signs posted about that bypass. They only went that way because it was there. It is better to go the easier route that is lower down on the trail. We know about not using it, but to anyone else....

Seth

These go to 11
The problem becomes one of not knowing. So many are new to the sport, area, etc that the existing 'bypasses" are established and look to be legit. We are working with the BLM on solutions to the issue. That is one spot we would like to fence off. I believe folks are good at heart and want to obey the rules they just don't know what is what. That is were the 4x4 clubs and pier education comes in. I blame myself as much as anyone. I should have said something. Group rides are great and they should be used for education as much as fun. I don't like being the arshole and I have seen confrontations turn ugly. So I tend to shy away from saying something. But it is honestly more important to have educated, active users doing the right thing then pissing someone off. After all these trails are slated for closure right now. We need to be on our best behavior and establish relations with the management to have a shot at keeping them. As long as the word gets passes down not to use that climb I think the lesson is learned. No need to get inflammatory.

The jeeps that were driving on the south side irked me. I have never seen a tire mark up there until then.

If the folks that were driving up there join U4WDA and turn out to the service project July 14th it would go a long way in the education department. Lets not in-fight, lets educate and participate. Its our only hope at saving the limited OHV areas available.

JoeT

The problem becomes one of not knowing. So many are new to the sport, area, etc that the existing 'bypasses" are established and look to be legit. We are working with the BLM on solutions to the issue. That is one spot we would like to fence off. I believe folks are good at heart and want to obey the rules they just don't know what is what. That is were the 4x4 clubs and pier education comes in. I blame myself as much as anyone. I should have said something. Group rides are great and they should be used for education as much as fun. I don't like being the arshole and I have seen confrontations turn ugly. So I tend to shy away from saying something. But it is honestly more important to have educated, active users doing the right thing then pissing someone off. After all these trails are slated for closure right now. We need to be on our best behavior and establish relations with the management to have a shot at keeping them. As long as the word gets passes down not to use that climb I think the lesson is learned. No need to get inflammatory.

The jeeps that were driving on the south side irked me. I have never seen a tire mark up there until then.

If the folks that were driving up there join U4WDA and turn out to the service project July 14th it would go a long way in the education department. Lets not in-fight, lets educate and participate. Its our only hope at saving the limited OHV areas available.

x2 and I'll be there July 14th. Can we get the BLM to get you some signage about it being a regrowth area?

Seth

These go to 11
x2 and I'll be there July 14th. Can we get the BLM to get you some signage about it being a regrowth area?

First we have to get them out there to map the trails. We have been calling weekly for close to three months now. It's like trying to push a rope. The problem is a lack of personnel. As soon as we can establish ownership of the given area we can move on to the maintenance of it. They are all for our help, they just need to establish ownership and a relationship with U4WDA.

JoeT

OK on the map the trail. Doe's that have to be done by them? My work sells/rents GPS/Survey (Trimble/TOPCON) stuff. I'm sure that I can get any of it for free to use on a weekend. Plus several of my co-workers can train me to do the GPS stuff.

Dent happend cause the rockrails where sitting on my garage floor and not mounted to the Jeep. Plus I was a little spooked from seeing a certain RIG getting winched up. My thought was " like hell I'm not making it up this." Next time I'll be less of a throttle jockey.

sLOWERTHANU

Sorry, I really had no idea that was not a bypass. I for sure don't want to fight about it.

Here is my offer, I have unlimited supplies of Police Line tape and some time, If someone wants to make a sign, I will surely help to erect (I said erect) it on that bypass.

I did enjoy it immensely and look forward to running it again soon.

Driving my rig convinced me to wait a while on installing all the need drivetrain parts that are sitting in my garage.

Another Jeep

ONDAROX
I was with the group that the 4runner was in. We were not the same group as the "Rock Nocker" club. I was riding in another cruiser, a couple of rigs in front of him. "My Jeep was broke again". I can see why he was going up that dirt road. It looks like a by-pass to me. Now that I have been educated, I will make sure that he is knows. Saturday was the first time I met him, & the second time he had ever done any real 4wheeling. We are a good group of people who just want to enjoy this beautiful land. We aren't looking to fight anyone, piss-off anyone or lose any rights to OUR land. I apologize for his inexperience. We hope to run with Summit Machine and anyone else from R.M.E. in the near future. Thanks for everyones support in making it possible for me to have all this land to break my Jeep on. You guys are awesome. The next trail run we do, we should work on some trail repair while we have all those extra hands out there........................................

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I was with the group that the 4runner was in. We were not the same group as the "Rock Nocker" club. I was riding in another cruiser, a couple of rigs in front of him. "My Jeep was broke again". I can see why he was going up that dirt road. It looks like a by-pass to me. Now that I have been educated, I will make sure that he is knows. Saturday was the first time I met him, & the second time he had ever done any real 4wheeling. We are a good group of people who just want to enjoy this beautiful land. We aren't looking to fight anyone, piss-off anyone or lose any rights to OUR land. I apologize for his inexperience. We hope to run with Summit Machine and anyone else from R.M.E. in the near future. Thanks for everyones support in making it possible for me to have all this land to break my Jeep on. You guys are awesome. The next trail run we do, we should work on some trail repair while we have all those extra hands out there........................................

You sound like a good guy and I'm glad you've learned what some folk have never bothered to even think about.:cool: