The beginnings of the Revolt!

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Shawn

Very Nice ;)

HE he, stole that one from a hiker shop in Moab yesterday. A good fabber motto. I believe every rockcrawler falls into on of two categories.. Fabber.. and Driver. Some people like to do one or the other more than the other.

S

sukaB

Sorry I never said who uses Hockey Pucks, We would have all just figured you used to play for the Avalanche....
Pucks O plenty..........hehehehehhe:D

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
My reason for building my rig is simple...I LIKE TO BUILD. It started with Legos as a kid and has just progressed from there. I enjoy using my hands and I enjoy beefing up my rig and then taking it up a line it wouldn't do before and stepping back and being proud. That's what it's all about for me. It is a hobby, and no one is ever happy staying at entry level. IMHO

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Originally posted by BBowski82
It started with Legos as a kid and has just progressed from there.

EXACTALLY! Legos + Hot Wheels = the kid I am today.
(I used to gather my old Hot Wheels cars, the ones I didn't care for, and smash them with my dads hammer....... Does that ever relate to what I do these days? I think so...... )

Originally posted by Jeremy
"The journey is the destination" You probably won't understand it, until you do it.

That thought sounds very much like Henry David Thoreau..... very insightful!! Thanks Jeremy!

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Originally posted by pokeyYJ
Maybe I don't understand why people build their rigs. I don't even know exactly why I felt the need to lift my Jeep. But I did and I couldn't be happier. Would somebody please explain to me why you built your rig, I would like to know, seriously, I don't understand why. I can understand a mild lift and some bigger tires to get you through a trail, but I don't understand the logic behind building it huge. Is it the same logic that I use for my Jeep or are there different reasons to building?
I don't want to limit myself to Poisen Spider and Hells Revenge. If there is a trail out there I want to be able to do it. Have you seen some of the things people are driving up these days? Next time you're in Moab follow a group of rigs up to Upper Proving Grounds. THAT is why we build em the way we do. That, and building stuff is fun. It's fun to drive up something just insane, and then thinking that YOU built it to do that.

P

pokeyYJ

O.K. I am starting to get it, I got to thinking why did I lift my Jeep? Then I remembered taking it up to the "B" and wheeling it as a stocker, I remember thinking "Man a couple more inches of ground cleance and I would be able to go anywhere." Now that I have the lift, I start thinking "Man with some lockers and a 8.8 rear end I would be able to go anywhere." I think that as you guys have said, it is a progressive thing and it doesn't really matter how nig your rig is because anybody, big or small can abuse the land and make the trails worse. Its not the rig its the driver.

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
Originally posted by Greg

EXACTALLY! Legos + Hot Wheels = the kid I am today.
(I used to gather my old Hot Wheels cars, the ones I didn't care for, and smash them with my dads hammer....... Does that ever relate to what I do these days? I think so...... )

Hey..i used to smash them too..
on a rainy day i still play with legos...
even with logos it progressed, once you built one it was only cool for so long...then you were in the store and you saugh the cool flexy suspention and the big tires and just had to have it...:D

Last edited:

trpl xj

Me I am personaly building my rig so I can run trails like Upper Proving ground, Upper hell. and some of the other "extreme" trails. Each person has a different idea as to how far is to far. But thats what makes us human. When I first started wheelin my 85 Toyota truck was bone stock and I ran many trails in Moab. But then I decided I needed a lift but didn't want to go to high. So I bought a 3" lift and some 31's and thought I would never go bigger. I didn't see the reason to, but that was then this is know. Now the Toys been bobbed 14 to 16 inches, has a flat bed, about 9"s of lift with some full width axles waiting to go under it. And when the 40" MTR's come out there will be a set of those on there. And right know that sound good enough for me, but only time will tell.

Brent

another nobody
Originally posted by Jeremy
I never said he dropped it off at some goof-ass place like factory and gave them his visa number.
Dohhhhh, hope you got a flame resistant suit, and mat dosen't know your work #, cause he will be calling you to bitch you out for that little remark, might take 6 weeks for him to get pissed off enough to do it, so that should give you time to change your home number to an unlisted one ;) just remember in their world, you are not allowed to have an oppinion.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Holy sh%$ that is funny. Thanks for making me laugh Brent.

Trying to stop fingures from typing.....can't help myself.....
Must not comment any further........
Unplugging keyb........

Ryan

O.K. I am starting to get it, I got to thinking why did I lift my Jeep? Then I remembered taking it up to the "B" and wheeling it as a stocker, I remember thinking "Man a couple more inches of ground cleance and I would be able to go anywhere." Now that I have the lift, I start thinking "Man with some lockers and a 8.8 rear end I would be able to go anywhere." I think that as you guys have said, it is a progressive thing and it doesn't really matter how nig your rig is because anybody, big or small can abuse the land and make the trails worse. Its not the rig its the driver.

CHA-CHING;)

P

pokeyYJ

That is what I like about this sport, everybody has a different idea about the perfect vehicle and that everybody is so helpful when trying to bouce ideas back and forth, like this thread. Thank-you for helping me see the light, I think that now I understand why building a rig can be or is so much fun.

P

pokeyYJ

Yup 38's rolling down the road, and if you see me running after them please help, because they won't be on my jeep, after paying that much for tires they are going to have to sit in the garage and look pretty because I will be out of money and the jeep will stay as it is now and 38's don't fit, (I've tried:D :D )

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Yup 38's rolling down the road, and if you see me running after them please help, because they won't be on my jeep, after paying that much for tires they are going to have to sit in the garage and look pretty because I will be out of money and the jeep will stay as it is now and 38's don't fit, (I've tried:D :D )

I have a sawzall, torch, and welder... they will fit ;)