The Car conundrum, what to buy.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I've often thought about taking a 1/2 ton Silverado 4x4, lowering it just a touch, adding some 20" wheels and low profile tires, big F & R anti-sway bars (needed for Nürburgring, dontcha know), and putting a factory GM supercharger on the LS under the hood.

Still a truck but sporty, 4WD for Winter and would surprise the cocky little Ricer boys and carve up a windy canyon road like a sports car.
I like this idea a lot.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Wife is really opposed to sleeping with a dude that drives a Corvette for some reason. I don't know where she became so stigmatized. On an unrelated note, we went to say hello to @TurboMinivan and drive an uber Lesbaroo. Wilderness Outback with the 2.4 Turbo just like @Rot Box's. Not gonna lie, I really liked it. So we may be getting her a new car and ride sharing a lot. Either way, I was reminded that it is almost Christmas and instructed not to make any large purchases until after new years. Plus Wranglerstar keeps reminding me of the coming struggle so I am in a holding pattern.

Zombie

Random Dead Guy
Wife is really opposed to sleeping with a dude that drives a Corvette for some reason. I don't know where she became so stigmatized. On an unrelated note, we went to say hello to @TurboMinivan and drive an uber Lesbaroo. Wilderness Outback with the 2.4 Turbo just like @Rot Box's. Not gonna lie, I really liked it. So we may be getting her a new car and ride sharing a lot. Either way, I was reminded that it is almost Christmas and instructed not to make any large purchases until after new years. Plus Wranglerstar keeps reminding me of the coming struggle so I am in a holding pattern.
outback tint.jpg

I'm fairly convinced that anyone who drives on will probably like it. Rumor on the lot is they are a bit quicker 0-60 than the new WRX as well. This one followed me home recently. It's certainly top five favorite vehicles ever for me, maybe top 2, which might make it tied for number one.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I've got mixed feeling on Subarus lately.
It seems they've lost their way and forgot what they're good at.
The EJ25 is one of the worst and best motors I've ever had.
Additionally:
Putting their CVT in the WRX is an atrocious crime against the automotive community.
Also, the standard Legacy looks more like a Camry from behind than a Camry.

Thursty

Is it wierd that I have always kinda wanted one of these?

View attachment 166717

A future dream car of mine will always be a 94-96 Impala SS

View attachment 166718
Years ago a cop buddy who worked a special assignment for a neighboring agency was able to pick his own ride. He chose a Magnum and all the guys gave him crap about driving a station wagon. That is, until they realized how much space he had to store gear. Then “every swinging d!ck wanted one.” His words. 😂

Magnums are cool!

Zombie

Random Dead Guy
FlFLWCVWAAIOtLl

This dude, Junkyard Dave on Youtube has built one the absolute hard way, but the OH so right way. It's getting close to done, AWD Hellcat magnum wagon. I absolutely love the way it's come together.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Is it wierd that I have always kinda wanted one of these?

A future dream car of mine will always be a 94-96 Impala SS

True fact: back when the modern Charger debuted, I really wanted one. To keep myself from jumping into a pool of debt, I decided it might satisfy my desire if I owned something similar... so I bought a 1995 Caprice 9C1 LT1 which had been an unmarked detective car for the Kaysville PD (I was the car's first private owner). I absolutely loved the Caprice--it was a great sleeper, and it handled with a grace that belied its 4200-lb curb weight.

And then next year I went and bought a new '08 Charger R/T anyway.

The Charger--and by extent, the Magnum--is a fantastic platform. Even a 'plain' 5.7L Magnum will run circles around an LT1 Caprice, and the SRT would be even more formidable.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
True fact: back when the modern Charger debuted, I really wanted one. To keep myself from jumping into a pool of debt, I decided it might satisfy my desire if I owned something similar... so I bought a 1995 Caprice 9C1 LT1 which had been an unmarked detective car for the Kaysville PD (I was the car's first private owner). I absolutely loved the Caprice--it was a great sleeper, and it handled with a grace that belied its 4200-lb curb weight.

And then next year I went and bought a new '08 Charger R/T anyway.

The Charger--and by extent, the Magnum--is a fantastic platform. Even a 'plain' 5.7L Magnum will run circles around an LT1 Caprice, and the SRT would be even more formidable.
I just love rhe Style of the 94-96 impala. I know the caprice is the same motor. I have said before if my camaro is ever wrecked I would motor swap my LS1 into either my YJ or an 94-96 impala ss.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
That Ford looks pretty cool, but if you want a sleeper pickup that makes similar/more power for even less, just go buy a Chev/GMC truck with a GenIII V8 and install a hair dryer (or two) underhood. You can decide how much wheel horsepower you want to make--700? 800? 1200??? It's up to you. If you're on an extreme budget, just look up Matt Happel and do it the Sloppy way.

(This is an itch I still need to scratch.)