The Coffee thread

Vonski

nothing to see here...
The girlfriend and I stick to cheaper coffee makers and replace every 10-12 months. Runs everyday, sometimes twice and grinding Bones brand beans are the go-to. No clue what it costs, but comes with a sticker, so that adds immeasurable value.

Attachments

• D368B186-D7BA-49EE-948D-5FB5D9493FCA.jpeg
    D368B186-D7BA-49EE-948D-5FB5D9493FCA.jpeg
    408.6 KB · Views: 14

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
The girlfriend and I stick to cheaper coffee makers and replace every 10-12 months. Runs everyday, sometimes twice and grinding Bones brand beans are the go-to. No clue what it costs, but comes with a sticker, so that adds immeasurable value.
For every day at home, we stick to cheap and simple drip machines. They all seem to last they same amount of time, be it a $500 Bunn or a $25 Mr Coffee.

We take more time with our coffee when camping at the property and use a pour-over style setup.

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
nothing special

51kNBHaeqdL.jpg

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
I too am a heavy coffee drinker, even more so when the temps dip this time of year. My wife got me some Black Rifle for Father's Day and I really like it. We also enjoy the breakfast blend and caramel (something) that are Kroger's Private Selection.

DesertRam

I'm a little jealous. On the advice of medical counsel, I suspended my coffee intake back in February and switched to decaf green tea. It's warm, but NOT coffee. Oh well, the switch seems to have mostly done the trick, as the issue I faced prior is mostly resolved. I don't have to like it though.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
If you can, get a coffee pot that is SCA certified. They brew at a higher temp than the typical coffee maker and will make a better tasting brew with the same coffee and water as cheap ones.

I'm using an Oxo "brain"

71ubiFEzmzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

and have a Bonavita One-touch as well

4x4_Welder

I've been playing around with cold brew as well. Back in my coffee days I'd drink strong black coffee from Dunkin Donuts, but then they went more towards the Starbucks style brew and I lost interest. I'd occasionally drink with friends but had to add cream and sugar to make it taste ok and by that point I might as well just have a soda.
I've just been using Seattle's Best beans for now, it was all that Fred Meyers had for a dark roast at the time, and it's been ok. It is decent with 12-24hrs brew time, but much more than that it starts getting a burnt taste. It really grosses my wife out that I drink it black, especially when I add some salt to smooth it out a bit.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
As a teenager I had to sweep the school next door and part of cleaning was dumping the coffee grounds from the faculty lounge. I got to HATE the smell of the stuff and still do.

Homefryy

I like good coffee but I also don't mind mediocre coffee and like saving money. For a while I have been using Dunkin Donuts medium roast whole bean coffee as my daily drinker. When I want better coffee my go to is La Barba because my brother is one of the founders/owners of it.

I grind my beans fresh every morning and use an AeroPress which I am a big fan of. I used to use a french press and bought the AeroPress for camping but I like the coffee out of the AeroPress better and its faster to brew and easier to clean so that is all I use now. I am a single cup a day person and my wife doesn't drink coffee regularly so it is perfect for me.

SnwMnkys

Anyone been to or tried Alpha Coffee at the mouth of Big Cottonwood canyon next to Porcupine grill? Theyre a good option if youve ran out of BRCC and want to support another local coffee company that helps Veterans.

Last edited:

Coco

is it actually the best, or is it just the cool thing right now? like, i get that they like guns, and are veteran owned, but if you didnt know any of that, is the coffee actually any good?
I loved it when I drank coffee on the regular, but I am not a coffee connoisseur by any means.

The added benefit of being veteran owned/pro gun/etc are just a bonus.

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
So the power was out at work today until noon because of the crazy snow which meant the coffee maker was dead in the water! Me and five other maintenance dudes were not having it. Rounded up a few extension cords and ran them from the coffee maker in the break room out to the parking lot to my bosses generator that he just happened to have with him today.

Desperate times my friends—best cup ever 😂

Bub

Explore
IMG_20211012_191236187.jpg
I might have a bit of a coffee problem. This isn't even all of my brewing methods. So for me it's local high altitude roasters. I like a lot of different single source beans from regions all over the world. Drying and husking process is as important as anything else. I grind fresh and alter the grind to find the best cup. One of my favorite brewing methods is the vac-pot or syphon, the stacked glass orbs on the right. I can control temperature, steep, and agitation really well with it.

SnwMnkys

I can tell shitty coffee from good coffee. But I dont have the palette to tell good coffee from great coffee. If youve ever watched Evan Hafers interviews he seems pretty passionate about bringing the best quality coffee to his customers.