General Tech The Grand Class

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I have this stupid idea... it probably won't be possible due to time & money, but if ONE other person wants to join in, I'm game to start it. Here's the idea...

Start with a beater 4x4 that costs $1000 or less and has low range. Make some low-buck mods (cheap bigger tires, welded diff, etc) and plan a few trips per year that we're wheelin stock-ish beaters in places where they shouldn't be. Moab, Little Sahara, 5 Mile Pass, Sand Hollow, White Wash, desert snow bashing, etc. Be prepared with recovery gear and just enough safety gear that you don't die. Calling it the Grand Class, because of the $1000 limit.

It's not going to a race or rally, but a handful of friends doing stupid-fun stuff that may remind us of wheelin when we were younger and broke. X-D Get a buddy, share the costs and work to get your rig ready... then we'll plan some trips. Obviously, the more the better. ;) Spring of 2024?!

I know what I'd start with... Liberty with the top cut off, but add a basic roll cage. I've seen a few running & driving at $1000.

screenshot_20210726-083956_facebook-jpg.139556

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Mmm. I want in. The Broverlander is in pretty sad shape, cosmetically, and is just sitting in front my house being a spare car/dump truck. Can we pretend it's worth less than $1000? :D

1969honda

Supporting Member
Does a 225k mile $2500 2004 yukon XL from 3 years ago in need of a new 4l60 count as a $1k rig now? Asking for a friend...(trans worked when purchased).