The NEXT dirt bike?

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Greg has owned every bike I have ever wanted. I will never catch up. Sorry Greg, you are the Steve of dirt bikes:)

I find that I like something about every bike I ride. I ride my son's YZ 125 and have a blast, then get back on my old YZ450 and also have a blast, then I get home and ride my DR, guess what, It's a blast too!

I just love motorcycles. I think we all have a hard time figuring out what we like the best for the amount of time and money we spend.
I could easily have 20 bikes and ride each one every year.

Oh and good luck picking just one. Well another one.

Cascadia

Undecided
I rode Skyler Howes 300 yesterday. It was just his practice bike and I never got it out of third gear. It was the fastest most powerful thing I have ever been on. He said his race bike is even faster. I was very impressed but could never use the power like he does. I don't even use the stock power on my 300.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Greg has owned every bike I have ever wanted. I will never catch up. Sorry Greg, you are the Steve of dirt bikes:)

I find that I like something about every bike I ride. I ride my son's YZ 125 and have a blast, then get back on my old YZ450 and also have a blast, then I get home and ride my DR, guess what, It's a blast too!

I just love motorcycles. I think we all have a hard time figuring out what we like the best for the amount of time and money we spend.
I could easily have 20 bikes and ride each one every year.

Oh and good luck picking just one. Well another one.

I've been very fortunate with my bikes and have loved many aspects of them all. I really like just trying out something new. Bikes are cheap enough (compared to 4x4's!) that swapping one for another and upgrading along the way isn't a big deal. Even my project bikes have been a blast, my old WR450 was almost a lost cause... rebuilding it and bringing it back to life was so much fun!

I agree with having multiple bikes, I could use 5-6 for all different kinds of riding.

rholbrook

I was praying that the 2018 YZ250X would have a magic button because I would get rid of the orange bike and get another blue one. Nope, it's pretty much the same as last years bike. If you like the YZ450F you will like to know that it gets the magic button and you can tune it with your smart phone. It is 1 pound lighter too. Until the Japanese can turn something out that can compete with my style of riding and have a magic button, I will keep my orange 300

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I'm glad they didn't do it. A yz with a magic button would really make me think twice about keeping my koolaid bike. That said, the last national race at Plymouth had a ton, a shit ton of super steep, super rocky technical climbs and decents. During the race I kept thinking about how awesome my 300 is. I was a gear too high on several of the climbs and just clutched slightly and made it over. The 300 just has so much low end. It's like there is no end to how much you can lug it around. I don't know if the YZ has the same low end grunt.

Caleb

Russ, you know better than to expect the jap companies to do anything even remotely new. Bold new graphics is about their extent of innovating.

rholbrook

Sweet, Ill check them out.
I spent half a day on one last year. My friend bought one and he hated it his first time out. Tank is really skinny, seat really flat and slippery, stock suspension hard as a rock. We backed the suspension all the way out. I personally loved the power. I didn't like how going downhill you slid forward too easily on the seat. Now that the bike has had its suspension done and a Rekluse installed, he loves it.

jentzschman

I spent half a day on one last year. My friend bought one and he hated it his first time out. Tank is really skinny, seat really flat and slippery, stock suspension hard as a rock. We backed the suspension all the way out. I personally loved the power. I didn't like how going downhill you slid forward too easily on the seat. Now that the bike has had its suspension done and a Rekluse installed, he loves it.

Interesting. I have heard the suspension is softer for the tight trails rather then harder.... I have not heard anything about the tank or seat though. I want to get up to Heber and check one out in person as there is a dealer there. What year was his?

jentzschman

Hum.. interesting.

So that Beta dealer in Heber is by appointment only... did not know that till I got up there as there was no info on their website about that LOL. So I'll hopefully get to check it out today Or maybe Ill drive up to Perry and check that place out...

Last edited:

Tonkaman

Hum.. interesting.

So that Beta dealer in Heber is by appointment only... did not know that till I got up there as there was no info on their website about that LOL. So I'll hopefully get to check it out today Or maybe Ill drive up to Perry and check that place out...

Give the guy in perry a call first, He is kinda by appointment as well. It's never been an issue for me especially since he lives up the street from his shop. Heck I've been there a few times after 10pm just because he didn't mind opening up for me.