The PAVEMENT thread: Cars, Racing, Drives, Speed...

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
What do you guys think about poly control arm bushings? I have the rear axle/trailing arm out of the Jetta and am really contemplating going with Energy Poly bushings.

My biggest concern is increased road noise.. Good idea for a daily driver? Thanks,

Andrew

I wouldn't... unless you're a race car driver driving your daily....

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
I'm up for a run sometime. Picked up this beauty a couple weeks ago.

Sweet!,we have been rockin ours for the last 10 years, it's been a great DD.
Is yours Schwartz or ? Congrats!
da4547cfbbc71b70c7714cd9a58202b3.jpg

dutchman

KI7KSV
I'm planning on driving mine through the winter. When the weather is real bad it'll be in the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blznnp

I am going to be pulling my trans and engine out. Cutting trans tunnel open some so I can raise my tranny up to help with angles, also patch up the engine cross meme we since the previous owner just cut a hole for the pan and never welded it back. Also planning on cleaning up the engine harness and would like to redo the chassis harness but might not be able to get that done.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
I'm planning to replace all the rubber vacuum lines with silicon ones since the stock ones are brittle now. Also replace all the old actuators with new ones. Gonna order a new larger radiator to replace the stock one so next summer it will run cooler. Then last I'll probably install the turbo-back exhaust and retune with the EMS.

blznnp

A soon as I get my blazer done and out of the garage I'll start ripping into the camaro. Hopefully I can get it done in time for shows and cruising weather. Thinking about maybe also doing a different cam while the engine is out. Would love a new intake but prices are crazy for them. And then a new throttle body... Never stops of course. And my wife says no

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Yeah I think the winter season is plenty of time. Unless you are thinking it's gonna be a while before you get the blazer out?

blznnp

Doing some wiring right now on the blazer for the gauges. Tomorrow I am gonna get the intake situated and then it should be good to go. Taking it to Moab next week. So hopefully it's ready. Then it will probably just sit on the trailer parked so I'll be able to start ripping into the camaro soon.

RogueJeepr

Here!
Mine will be going down for the winter to get a new (more modern) steering box and do some steel-work to the inside . Lots of wood inside these ol' 30's GM's . Maybe a good burn-out before it gets put away .

blznnp

Mine will be going down for the winter to get a new (more modern) steering box and do some steel-work to the inside . Lots of wood inside these ol' 30's GM's . Maybe a good burn-out before it gets put away .

a burnout is always a good way to end the season

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
I did a burnout video after seeing yours Bret, but it just wasn't as cool as yours so it never saw daylight lol