The PAVEMENT thread: Cars, Racing, Drives, Speed...

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Happened Jan 21st.
Finally got the word today its totaled.
You are looking at nearly $8K to fix it...

Did you buy it back from the insurance company? With the hit being in the rear, I'd think you could part it out and make some money off it (depending on cost, of course).

Who wants to plan a drive day up some twisty roads?

Well I don't know about twisty roads, but I might be up for a group drive.

FrontLift1_zpseewp3rfx.jpg

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Finally have a reason to join in this thread.

As some of you know I moved to Italy in January. Shortly after I bought my first BMW E36. This is the first quality road car I've ever owned.

It's a Euro spec '97 318i. It's got the underpowered M43B18 1.8L but man its fun to drive.

A few months ago I started teaching myself heal toe shifting. It always feels great to get perfect downshifts coming into your favorite corners.

Today I had one of the most satisfying shifting experiences ever. Came into one of the few traffic circles between home and work where I have the visibility to really push the car. Had perfect downshifts from 5th to 2nd. Got into to the turn beautifully and on exit had the perfect amount of rotation on acceleration. Such a satisfying experience.

This car is honestly the most planted car I've ever driven. It does exactly what I want when I want it. I can finally understand the steering wheel feedback enthusiasts talk about. The car is so predictable. Going through a corner I can always predict the exact moment the front tires start to lose grip and know exactly what needs to be done to get the car to rotate and get me through the corner just right.

Pretty sure I'll be getting another E36 when I get back to the states. One with straight six next time though.

Sent from my SM-G906K using Tapatalk

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
Finally have a reason to join in this thread.

As some of you know I moved to Italy in January. Shortly after I bought my first BMW E36. This is the first quality road car I've ever owned.

It's a Euro spec '97 318i. It's got the underpowered M43B18 1.8L but man its fun to drive.

A few months ago I started teaching myself heal toe shifting. It always feels great to get perfect downshifts coming into your favorite corners.

Today I had one of the most satisfying shifting experiences ever. Came into one of the few traffic circles between home and work where I have the visibility to really push the car. Had perfect downshifts from 5th to 2nd. Got into to the turn beautifully and on exit had the perfect amount of rotation on acceleration. Such a satisfying experience.

This car is honestly the most planted car I've ever driven. It does exactly what I want when I want it. I can finally understand the steering wheel feedback enthusiasts talk about. The car is so predictable. Going through a corner I can always predict the exact moment the front tires start to lose grip and know exactly what needs to be done to get the car to rotate and get me through the corner just right.

Pretty sure I'll be getting another E36 when I get back to the states. One with straight six next time though.

Sent from my SM-G906K using Tapatalk

Far out!

My brother in law has a supercharged BMW 4cyl, he bought it to put in his e36 318 convertible, but bought a convertible Porsche instead, I've seen a few 318's for sale lately and considered asking if he would sell me the engine.

BMW's handle very well, we really enjoyed out e36 M3