The Real Reasons Why We Go To Church

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Here's some pictures of the bike. I won't spend money on powder coat, but will rattle can it while I have it torn down. That way it will at least look new when I give it to my daughter. Checking prices on the items I think it needs is starting to add up fast. I'll give the machine shop listed above a call today and see what they can do about the bolt hole and have them look at the jug and get me a new piston. Not sure what is going on with the front brake. The lever is very hard to pull and the brake is always on the verge of being locked up. I'll tear into that today. The PO removed the oil injection bottle, but didn't remove the rest of the system. I pulled out the pump and now need to get the plug for the hole.

Can anyone enlighten me on what I did when I separated the fork from the frame, with the bearings?

015.JPG

019.JPG

027.JPG

This is the hole that's wallowed out. It's in the frame, not the swing arm. Doesn't look like much here, but it give me at least a 1/4" of play when the bike was assembled. I wonder if replacing it with a new (used) one would be any better? A replacement may have a good bolt hole but be bad elsewhere. At least with this one I know what I'm dealing with.

029.JPG

030.JPG

Tonkaman

Did you pull the forks out of the triple clamps or pull the triple clamps off the bike? The little bearings must be from off of the steering stem inside the frame. I believe most aftermarket bearings upgrade them to tapered roller bearings.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Yes, they were from inside the frame. I know the parts I need now.

I drilled out the swing arm to frame bore to 7/16. There is no left to right movement at all now. I'm quite pleased with the results. Hard to tell, but it looks square...ish. If it's anywhere close I should be fine. Might even last another 20 years.

Right now the frame parts are getting painted. Then I can start putting it back together.

Thanks for the input so far guys.