Jeep The RME4x4 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
... More importantly, Greg, what's the status of your order?

I talked to my dealer on Monday, they said no changes to my order at that point... just a VIN# assigned, same as a couple weeks ago.

They did said that the East Coast dealers are all getting their orders first, for some reason. The Mountain states and West aren't getting their orders yet, just the Spec Gladiators that were rolled out to dealers.

That doesn't sound right to me, but the salesman I worked with said he's checking my order (and a couple others) every day for updates.

I was hoping to get it around the end of June, but I think July is more realistic at this point.

DAA

Guy on another board that lives in Vegas that ordered one says he got his VIN about 3 weeks ago and is on the assembly line today. He's getting notifications straight from FCA, not the dealer. Which was the same when I ordered my Ram 1500 - updates all came straight from corporate and in fact, when my truck shipped and I called my salesman he didn't know anything about it.

- DAA

Greg

Admin
Guy on another board that lives in Vegas that ordered one says he got his VIN about 3 weeks ago and is on the assembly line today. He's getting notifications straight from FCA, not the dealer. Which was the same when I ordered my Ram 1500 - updates all came straight from corporate and in fact, when my truck shipped and I called my salesman he didn't know anything about it.

- DAA

I heard something similar, guy ordered his Gladiator and it was at the dealership within 5 weeks. Makes me wonder if my salesman really knows or not. If that's the case, I'd see mine at the end of this month.

I'll try get my VIN and see if I can get updates right from FCA as well.

Can't wait to see what you do to this Gladiator! I drove an overland JT today and it drove amazing! I'm sure I will own one some day

I'm pretty excited about it, it'll probably end up built similar to my old JKU, try to make it road friendly but still plenty capable offroad. I think they're an amazing vehicle, driving them is quite different than a Wrangler due to the added wheelbase.

Greg

Admin
Well, I did get an update from the dealer just now.... I have the complete VIN#, he said it's been sequenced for production and has an estimated ship date of June 27th! It'll be interesting to see if it ships on time and how long it will take from when it ships, to when it arrives at the dealer here in Junction.

UPNO4

Addicted
The wait is sometimes the hardest part I ordered my Ram 1500 and got updates from Ram but they were usually delayed a day or so. Truck Arrived about the same time message said it was being loaded on the Train. Super Stoked to watch this build.

Greg

Admin
The wait is sometimes the hardest part I ordered my Ram 1500 and got updates from Ram but they were usually delayed a day or so. Truck Arrived about the same time message said it was being loaded on the Train. Super Stoked to watch this build.

Thanks Matt, you're right, the wait is the worst part! It'll be a fun build, funner to use!

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
Got another update, my Gladiator is now is E status, which is Framing! It takes 4 days for assembly, so should be together early next week.

I think at this point, I'll be lucky to see it by the end of July.
They should have a window you can look through to see your vehicle made, like Krispy Kreme.

Man, with ideas like these, I should be a lot richer...

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I just saw a post n FB about a guy that is 6'2" and his head was hitting the top bar when he was comfortable in his seat.... I know Greg you are upwards of that height... have you actually placed yourself in one and looked at head room?

Caleb

I’m curious if the guy that made the comment was new-ish to Jeeps? You do sit taller in them and after not being in a Jeep for many years, to get back in one felt like I was sitting really high, even when it was stock. My wife made the exact same comment (I’m “only” 6’ and she’s 5’11”). Although, I never felt head room was limited.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I'm 6' 4" and I'm less than an inch from hitting my head in my JL. I get in the wifes JK and have plenty of room. My knee also hits the center console while driving the JL.