Jeep The RME4x4 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
The production line is rolling along now, got another update from my dealership! It's now at Schedule JB in the process. It's pretty neat to hear updates on the production progress!

"Good morning! Yesterday, the Gladiator was at “trim” meaning engine, trans, fuel tank, wheels and tires etc. Today it’s being shipped to the body vendor meaning body panels. It’s coming along!! "

Greg

Admin
Phew, sounds like all the mechanical components weren't installed on a Friday. Your body panelling is going to suck big though.

That was my thought.... "Must have been built on a Friday". I'll take that tradeoff, would much rather have a quality drivetrain assembly!

***edit***

It's just being shipped today, so hopefully the body install will start on Monday and it'll skip any work being done on Friday!

Greg

Admin
Another day, another update from the dealer! It has now shipped out, has to get loaded on a train in Toledo, Ohio and hauled out to Denver on July 8th. From there, they will unload off the train and onto a car carrier and truck it to Grand Junction, which is supposed to take another 4-7 days. As of now, it should be in Grand Junction at the dealer by July 17th!

Honestly, once they got the parts together and started on the build it went super quick!

Caleb

I didn't realize how big these trucks were until I saw one the other day in a parade (I think it was on 35s) and they looked like 32s. A lot larger of a vehicle than I had thought.

Greg

Admin
I didn't realize how big these trucks were until I saw one the other day in a parade (I think it was on 35s) and they looked like 32s. A lot larger of a vehicle than I had thought.

Yeah, they're massive in person! I've test driven one and it does feel long. I did watch a video of one wheeling (in Big Bear, CA?) on some pretty rough terrain and even with a little lift and 35's, it looked long and low. It's going to be a whole new experience wheeling a Gladiator, IMO 3" lift and 37's are a good start for the rougher trails. Breakover and Overhang will make it interesting.