The Rubi Q Build

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Progress has been slow but it’s coming along. Building the exhaust is fully finished. I just need to install the cats/muffler section. I wrapped and spray coated both down pipes and the cats. Hopefully that will hold some heat in.

I ended up finding an auto shifter assembly from a 2006 tj. They gave me a cable but it had a broken mount and then brought me another one. It was longer. So I actually don’t know what year it was from. But it all works. I built a bracket to mount to the bell housing that the cable bracket bolts to. From there I had to slightly modify the transmission shifter lever. I’ll add a gusset to strengthen it once I’m happy with its function. Two of the gates on the shifter need about 1/16” material removed for perfect function. I’ll do that at some point.

IMG_5949.jpeg

IMG_5967.jpeg

IMG_5966.jpeg

I used a Novak cable shifter for the transfer case. They have two T-case brackets depending on which case you have. I had them send both. Neither one worked right off. I picked the closest one and made the needed changes to mount it and mount the cable. All is well now. Shifts smooth. I need to add a switch that the shift lever will hit once in four low for the ECM. Then all the shifter stuff will be done.

IMG_5980.jpeg

IMG_5983.jpeg

IMG_5987.jpeg