The Wife's EcoBoost F150

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I love the look of it too. I removed the stickers off off mine the minute I got home from picking it up too. It makes it look that much cleaner

The truck looks awesome!

Thanks guys, we're very happy with how it turned out!

I'll see about the sticker removal, I agree that it'll look that much better. I'm not sure if Catherine will even care. :)

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Question on the F150 after your recent off-road adventure. How were all the nanny systems while driving around in Baja? The traction control, and whatever the yaw sensor that kills power when your any bit of sideways drives me bananas in the expedition in the snow. Just wondering if it was constantly chiming in on you off-road? The traction control can be turned off, then really turned off but even then it still not off and likes to chime in, sometimes at very inopportune times.

Greg

Admin
Question on the F150 after your recent off-road adventure. How were all the nanny systems while driving around in Baja? The traction control, and whatever the yaw sensor that kills power when your any bit of sideways drives me bananas in the expedition in the snow. Just wondering if it was constantly chiming in on you off-road? The traction control can be turned off, then really turned off but even then it still not off and likes to chime in, sometimes at very inopportune times.

I didn't have any issues with the traction control and stability control, I turned them off a few times when blasting around and was able to get the truck sideways several times without the safety features ending the fun. Much of the trip was with the trailer and I wasn't pushing the speed or truck too hard.

Not sure if you saw the Falcon Shocks video, the bombing around in the desert part is pretty short, but you can see the truck getting a little sideways back & forth at 1:18. - https://www.rme4x4.com/threads/falc...150-install-review.115548/page-2#post-1112577

Rock Taco

I have the same issue in my 13 F150. annoying to say the least.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I have the same issue in my 13 F150. annoying to say the least.

One thing I learned after a year or so of having it. You may not know so i'll share, when you turn traction control off you've probably realized its not all the way off. If you hold the button for about 10 seconds until it blinks it "really" turns it off. Now it will still kick on but it's far less invasive, but the stupid stability control still ruins it.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
One thing I learned after a year or so of having it. You may not know so i'll share, when you turn traction control off you've probably realized its not all the way off. If you hold the button for about 10 seconds until it blinks it "really" turns it off. Now it will still kick on but it's far less invasive, but the stupid stability control still ruins it.

There's gotta be a way to totally disable it like you can on the JK'S, but it would mean installing a switch near the accelerometer.

Rock Taco

I didnt know. I haven't really looked into as its a work truck and its only annoying when I'm trying to play...err get to work in freshly fallen snow.

Greg

Admin
We put new 285/70/17 BFG KO2's on the truck yesterday, getting just over 40k miles over 3 years out of the previous set of KO2's. Probably could have gotten 5k more miles had they been rotated more often. Still some tread left, but with another upcoming Baja trip, new tires are wise. 😉

Greg

Admin
The truck has been around over 5 years and now has 112k miles. Despite the issues with it getting stupid hot while towing, it's been a good truck. I just don't tow with it anymore. We've been putting a ton of miles on it, the average MPG has dropped to around 15 and have started getting misfires under load (freeway speeds mostly) and decided it was time for new coils... rather than just replacing one or two, we went for a full set of MSD coils. I believe it was @rholbrook that mentioned these as a good buy. I also tossed a fresh set of Motorcraft Spark plugs in, to make sure the spark was at 100%. I'm hoping that we'll get back to 17-19 MPG average with the upgrade.

i-X5Lsz6h-X4.jpg

i-2FqBw8b-X4.jpg

Now that the truck is all fixed up, my wife has been looking at other vehicles.... :rolleyes: