The wifes new 4x4...

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Wish I could call up Kurt and order an OME lift.. No such luck, as it doesn't exsist in my case.

This year the budget is tight. I've been offered a great deal on a used spacer and shackle lift that'll get me through '09. Other than that sliders, tires, and skid plates will most likely be the only major mods performed this year.

We'll need to do a grocery getter Swell run or something this year :)

-Jason

A spacer & shackle will do, better than nothing. I wonder if OME will build a suspension for the X?

I'd be game for a grocery-getter Swell trip, let's put something together.

A Toyota family is a happy family:D

My Dad has a cherry '04 V8 Sport that I'm looking forward to picking up. I love the center storage on the 4th gens, the 3rd gen storage is sparse in comparison. --He consistently pulls 21mpg out of it per the factory computer.--

I like the Sport model for the fabric/dash and gauge treatment and of course the hood scoop however the SR5's seem less complicated to lift with their conventional suspension vs. the cross linked X-REAS system of the Sport's.

Did this play into your decision or did you just get lucky:p

I look forward to seeing it lifted, I've already seen several nicely set up 4th's here in North SLC as the price is starting to drop.

Yes, the Toyotas should keep us happy for some time, I'm excited to work on a vehicle when I want to, not because I have to. ;)

I suppose I'm accustomed to the storage of our Dodge, you could hide all kinds of stuff in it. The 4th Gen 4Runner isn't bad as far as storage goes, it has some nice tricks for sure.

I avoided the Sports and X-REAS suspension. i hear it's not hard to disable when doing a lift, but we wanted a Limited so it wasn't even a question as to getting that stuff.

The future?

DSC_0534.jpg

Hopefully... Catherine wants an ARB bumper & they seem to add a much better approach. We will see when that happens, I'd love to toss a winch & some lights on with an ARB. For now I just want to get it off the ground, it's loooooow. I actually have to slide down to get into it, not what I'm used to. Even the stock suspended FJ80 on 33's has decent ground clearance.

Catherine

Mrs. Gardner
I love this 4Runner! With that being said, I want to keep it pristine so don't give Greg any ideas.

This is not a trail rig... Its my Daily Driver!!!!!