Tools that you just can't live without

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
These Diablo steel ripsaw blades are such a game changer, I can't get over them. I'd rather have a plasma, but compared to an angle grinder these are 5x as fast and make cuts 10x cleaner. I forget who mentioned them first on here but thank you.
On a grinder or a chop saw? Do tell

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
On a grinder or a chop saw? Do tell
No, on my little circular saw! I've got a cold cut blade on my Rage chop saw that is also heads and tails above a regular chop saw - this is like that, but for sheet metal.

This is the one I'm using, I think.

It says max thickness 1/8 mild steel, but I just carved up a sheet of 1/4 like butter.

Last edited:

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Once I figured out the Diablo blades, I have never used a regular chopsaw again.
I have used those blades in my chopsaw, in a circle saw, and in my tablesaw.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I still have that blade for my 7.25" saw, but I ended up buying a dedicated evolution metal skill saw that has the lower speed and extra chip guards. It's a loud bastard but man it's nice when you just need to make a long cut in metal. I've used the blade above on the dewalt and the evolution saw on 1/4" sheets. Cuts really nice. The downside to the dewalt is that it will eat up the battery. I was able to get two and a half 4 ft cuts per 5AH battery.

The cut above is 1/8" sheet.

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
Harbor Freight battery operated fuel transfer pump is my newest favorite tool. I bought this on sale for $8.99, regularly $12.99. This is a game changer. No more hefting heavy, awkward fuel cans and holding them suspended forever while the fuel spills all over. I’m sure that it’s already paid for itself just from the fuel that hasn’t been spilled.

Attachments

• IMG_2313.jpeg
    IMG_2313.jpeg
    564.8 KB · Views: 36

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
That's funny because I bought one of those about a month ago and for me- it's been complete unadulterated garbage.

I've tried to use it three times and it's made me mad 3 times.... it leaks the fuel that's in the unit 2 seconds after suction turns off. Which is precisely how long it takes me to take it out of the fuel tank and then the fuel that's in it pours on the ground.

And it won't lift fuel higher than about a foot.
I've tried to use it to refuel motorcycles and it simply will not lift fuel up from a 5 gallon fuel jug ground level to maybe 40".
Maybe you got a good one 🤷 but I even exchanged mine and the second one is exactly the same.

Last edited: