Toyota E-Locker help?

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
So I've been attempting to figure out an elocker, I have slid the teeth/arm all the way to the right side and I jacked a tire up in the air, it appears it is still not spinning freely. I tried pushing the arm back to the left and the arm doesn't want to move now. :confused: Does anyone have any suggestions before I yank the 3rd and troubleshoot it on the bench? I get about 2 inches of play on the tire is all it will go forward/back.

Some pics.
2016-03-19 11.18.26.jpg2016-03-19 11.45.01.jpg2016-03-19 11.45.15.jpg

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Is the transmission in neutral? (allowing the driveshaft to spin freely with your in-the-air tire?) It might be easier to deal with two tires in the air, so you can spin forward/backward for testing.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
That helped, stuck it in reverse and attempted to move with one wheel in the air and one on the ground and now it spins free and the arm will go back and forth.

Next question I bought a 10 pin elocker switch from Low Range, I'm using this diagram from their site.
10_pin_elocker_switch.jpg

I bought a 6 strand trailer wire to get from the harness to the switch and have done the following:
elocker harness - 6 strand
Blue/yellow - Blue
Green/Red - Red
Green/Yellow - Yellow
Green - Green
Green/black - black
2 -white/black - brown --> ground

So my wire would be like this:
My_elocker.jpg

pics
2016-03-19 15.46.56.jpg2016-03-19 15.47.04.jpg The pictures aren't clear because I used a red wire for the power going into 8,3, and 4 so don't confuse the red wire in the 6 strand with these red wires.

Right now it doesn't appear to get power back to the locker, The Green and Green/red are the wires coming out of 2 and 3 on the locker harness. When I put a couple lead wires from 2 and 3 where they plug into the locker harness to a light it doesn't light up while switching the switch.

- - - Updated - - -

Were you able to get your actuator motor to spin?

Yea I ended up with one from a wrecking yard, still wonder if I would have been better off getting one from you.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Finally got a circuit tester that's better than a wire with a tail light, and it appears I'm getting power on 2/3 on the harness but not ground, (up powers 3, down powers 2 if I remember right). They would associate with 2 and 5 on the switch.

I guess my question is where should I be getting ground from? Blue wire in 7 is grounded, but I think that is just for the light, and number 9 is ground but that may just be for the bottom light. Should there be some jumper to ground for something like 1 and 6 similar to the jumper for positive?

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Got it working today finally, pulled the actuator took it apart and made sure the leads were touching on gear sprocket, set it in the middle somewhere between locked and unlocked, verified that I got continuity between 4 to 5 and 4 to 6, plugged it back into my wiring with the actuator sitting on the ground and was able to switch between locked and unlocked. Set it to locked since that was where it is on the axle and put it back in. Hit the unlock button and I heard it turn so I think I'm good. :greg:

I'm thinking I might have over spun it when I was testing, or I had grease or something keeping me from grounding.

Thanks for everyone's help.