U4 2011 Winter Convention and Winter on the Rocks

neagtea

Supporting Member
Just registered, do I pay for the wife at sign up? . Also where is event HQ?
I want to stay at the hampton or hilton garden inn to burn a few points.

Samuraiman

Sand Pile
WOTR INFO

WOTR
Winter on the Rocks Feb, 18-19th 2011
Utah Four Wheel Drive Association Winter Convention

Brought to you by Utah 4x4 Club and Canyon Country 4x4 Club

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT US
Utah4x4c@gmail.com
Or
Del Carter Kelly Jensen
(435-705-0074) (435-773-2992)

We would like to welcome all the participants of WOTR. We look forward to a fun event and hope you all enjoy your visit. Winter on the Rocks Committee has tried to take every possible precaution to assist you in having a safe and enjoyable adventure while you are here. Because of the nature of this particular sport, it must be understood by every participant that there are inherent dangers during off road recreation. The WOTR, its sponsors and supporters and public land management agencies cannot be responsible or liable for any accidents or mishaps, or personal or property damage which occurs during this event. By registering for WOTR each participant takes upon himself personal responsibility for his own safety and well being, and that of others in his care. Participants are required to stay with their groups and follow designated guides. This will help provide for the safety and comfort of all participants. Guides will assist the group in determining and maintaining a safe and comfortable speed and will determine the routes to be followed. Please remember whip flags for you vehicle, as they are required on all trails.

Registration Information and website
www.winterontherocks.com
www.u4wda.org
www.utah4x4club.com
www.canyoncountry4x4.com
Also on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/ Search for Winter on the Rocks
Calendar of Events

Friday Feb 18th 7:00-8:30 am

As you arrive at the event Please check in and pick up your drivers packet. In your packet will be 2 liability waivers that need to be signed and returned to your trail guide each day of the event. Drivers meeting will be at 8:30 am inside the event venue. The first trail group will leave at 8:45am with 5-10 minutes between groups. Please be on time as this will help keep the event running on schedule. Night run meet at 6pm at the event venue.

Saturday Feb 19th 7:00-8:30 am

Drivers meeting and departure times will be at the same times on Saturday. Drivers meeting will be at 8:30 am inside the event venue. Please help by getting everyone to the drivers meeting. The first trail group will leave at 8:45am with 5-10 minutes between groups. Please be on time as this will help keep the event running on schedule.

Dinner will be served at event headquarters at 6:30 pm
Raffle will be during dinner.

We would appreciate if everyone would register early to allow adequate time for planning activities, guides, meals, T-shirts, etc.

Registration is per vehicle
Full Event cost is $20.00 per participant for the full two day event. This includes BLM fees and other costs associated with the venue and the event. Dinner tickets will be $15.00 for adults and Raffle tickets are $2.00 each for up to ten tickets. Additional price break for multiple purchases.

General Information and registration

The following is general information regarding the event that will help you to better understand the registration process and the activities that are held in conjunction with WOTR.

The Washington County Regional Park is located in Hurricane, Utah. To get there from I-15 take Exit 16 and travel 2.5 miles southeast on State Route 9 then turn right at 5300 West. The Regional Park's physical address is 5500 West 700 South. When arriving at the event, trail names will be posted on your guides vehicle. Please park in line with your guide so we can depart in an orderly and timely fashion.

We will hold this event each year in February on President’s Day weekend. Block theses dates out on your calendar . Plan on making it to this event each year! As WOTR continues to grow we will add more activities and trails in the future.

Register in advance so as to allow WOTR staff adequate time for planning, activities, guides, meals T-shirts, etc.

Include payment for Extra meal tickets:
Dinners $15.00 each per person.
Raffle Tickets $2.00 each

The WOTR policy is that our list of registered drivers names and addresses is for our use only, and will not be distributed for any other use.

Make your motel, campground early. Please refer to the local services guide for a list of local motels and trailer facilities.
Each driver assumes the responsibility for being properly trained and outfitted as well as taking responsibility for his or her own safety and well being. Registered drivers also have the responsibility for being properly insured. Registration for the WOTR is an indication of such willingness on the part of each rider.

We will have packet for each driver during check-in at the WOTR Headquarters on Friday morning. These will also be used for WOTR sponsored meals. Extra meal tickets will be included in your packet.

ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
The WOTR Staff would like to give special thanks to the Bureau of Land Management, for allowing WOTR use of public lands under their administration. Their land use and management policies have allowed for our controlled and careful use of OHV on public lands. Thanks also to the Utah Division of Parks and Recreation, which administers ATV/OHV registration, safety, rider training and certification programs in Utah. Thank you to all our sponsors and of course everyone who is attending the event. Also to RME for there support an promotional help.

Last edited:

1995zj

I'm addicted
The week after KOH...? Hmm....I really want to come. I'll see what I can do.

Question though, what if I register now and pay the $50 for me and the gf to come, but the weekend before WOTR I break my shit playing around in Johnson Valley and can't make it to WOTR. Is this a refundable $50? That would be the only reason I would forsee me having to cancel.

del0075

Question though, what if I register now and pay the $50 for me and the gf to come, but the weekend before WOTR I break my shit playing around in Johnson Valley and can't make it to WOTR. Is this a refundable $50? That would be the only reason I would forsee me having to cancel.

the only part that would not be refunded would be the meals, we have to get a head count and pay for them. but as far as the other i dont see a problem....

Samuraiman

Sand Pile

Even with a broken rig you can stop in have some dinner and enjoy the raffle. Never know you might win a nice price!