U4 Members, VOTE for the new logo NOW!

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
RockMonkey said:
I'm not going to taint the voting by saying which one, but one of those is clearly superior. :cool:

....and it appears to be the one most people are voting for. :greg:

Well, the people has spoken and the winner has been chosen:

1.jpg

Thanks to everyone who sent in designs for the new U4WDA logo.

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
cruiseroutfit said:
I LOVE it :D

Well then you should get your eyes checked! Or maybe get hit in the head with a hammer or something. That one represents the land rapers and pillagers snaggle-tooth rednecks with 38's on a suburban tearing up the trail and running over fencing. We need something more calming, more passive, more relaxed, more tree-freindly.....ahhhhhh don't you just feel better now? Can't you smell the pine? Ahhhhhhhhh........

I'm going to fillibuster and disallow that ugly design. Besides how do you make a sticker out of that? It's too odd shaped! Oh wait a minute!! No one will ever see that design since you-know-who controls the newsletter......:)

EZ

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Well, we have heard EZ's opinion, and a couple other BOD members feel the same way (mabey not as dramatic as EZ)...

So lets hear your opinion of the new logo, I don't care if your not a member of U4WDA, you are a 4x4 enthusiast and I want to hear your input too.

I don't want to hear negative comments (EZ took care of that), but I do want to know what you like and dislike (constructive critisism) about the logo...

Would you put one on your rig?

Would you were a T-shirt with the logo?

Would you not join because of the logo?

Do you know what our old log was (without looking!)?

Help me defend our new logo choice! We asked for a vite, and a clear winner was selected, now I must defend that clear winner!!

GETBENT

CRASH
EZ's head must be oddly shaped if he thinks that you can't make a sticker out of that logo! i didn't even get to see the other choices when the voting was going on but even without seeing them i would pick this one. I think it is eye catching and very well suited for it purpose!

If I was to change anything at all, I would make the lettering look more like broken up slick rock, other than that, very nice!

Scott

Last edited:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I like this logo 100x more than the last one. Much more recognizable and colorful, different than the "typical" 4WD club sticker.

Bone Down

It looks good to me, however I do not know what the old logo looked like nor the other options voted on.

I would not mind checking out the other logo choices then making a comment, but the link in the first post no longer works.

So left with what I can only see in the post it is not all that bad, but it does seem to be a bit of a worn out look and with all the negative press about EJS and SUWA's constant attempts to make orv's look like eco monsters and also utilizing the arches just seems that maybe we should back off the whole moab look and feel.

There is more to Utah than Moab (all though it is a well known 4x4 destination).

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Actually the logo above is a perfectly nice looking logo. I just like one of the others better, that's all. I never said it couldn't be printed; if you contour the mountains it will cost more to print and die cut. If you leave it rectangular then it is just a big white block with some printing on it. I like some of the other logos because they are "bleeds" (a printing term) ie, the printing goes to the edge of the sticker/design. Also I prefer a round shape over a big block rectangle for some reason. If this one was slightly tweaked so it bled, contour the top, and print it on clear vinyl it would look good.

EZ

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Thanks for the replies thusfar...

So 2 out of 3 don't even know the old logo (let me get my surprised face :rolleyes: ).

Keep the comments coming...

Caleb

EZRhino said:
Actually the logo above is a perfectly nice looking logo. I just like one of the others better, that's all. I never said it couldn't be printed; if you contour the mountains it will cost more to print and die cut. If you leave it rectangular then it is just a big white block with some printing on it. I like some of the other logos because they are "bleeds" (a printing term) ie, the printing goes to the edge of the sticker/design. Also I prefer a round shape over a big block rectangle for some reason. If this one was slightly tweaked so it bled, contour the top, and print it on clear vinyl it would look good.

EZ

you could easily print that on clear vinyl as it is and not worry about bleed (btw, you could have bleed on all edges but the top and it would be fine...) and not end up with a big white block on your rig. I too prefer round but the overall design of the new one is far superior then any of the other choices. It really looks prefessionally done rather than being done on someones computer for fun...(that may be the case with it but it doens't look like it ;) ) the only thing I would change if it were to be put on clear (and its not necessary) is the Black writing at the bottom I would make white block lettering with a black outline just so it will show a little better.

Last edited:

ShortShaft

user
Vendor
I think that the issue of the outline can easliy be resolved with a semi-tradional sticker design like the one attached below.

If you are wondering, Yes I am the artist of the logo in question.

The reasons that I choose the artwork is because Moab will always be an area that will attract off road enthusiasts, and it is something that is recognizable by those outside of our area (nationally). I put mountains in the background that I felt brought out other aspects of the off road area of our state. I could have just as easily added a buch of trees, a pond, a jeep, a toyota and a friendly deer, but eventually you have to draw the line at how much information you can stuff into an image.
In some of the other concepts I came up with It had nothing but lettering to keep it as simple as possible, but felt that it did need some geographic icons to help convey the feel of the image.
Many of the most successful companies use nothing but typography for their corporate logos. i.e.- WalMart, IBM, & FedEx. Also many companies only use an icon. i.e.- MAC computers. I felt my attempt was a blend of both.

There are a million logos out there and each one reaches a certain audience. I just tried to build a logo that fit the audience that the U4WDA would be after.

I hope that it does represent the off road community in a light that presents us as caring, responsible, active, and above all enthusiasts. The last thing that I would want is for a logo to convey anything other than that.

Thanks,

Vinny

Attachments

• U4WDA_sticker sample.jpg
    U4WDA_sticker sample.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 18