U4WDA/CCKC Fall Ride 2004

great scott

cruiseroutfit said:
The U4WDA learned alot from your run... meaning, you guys hosted an excellent event and were very organized IMHO. Look for some of your ideas at future U4WDA events such as the trail officials "colored ribbons", the very organized sign-up process that was only delayed as result of all the 4x4 talk that we all get into before a run :D

Thanks again Scott, we are looking forward to a long realtionship with your club. Lets get something in the works for next year :D
If we still have trails that could be fun. The King Crawlers are hard at work and looking forward to continuing with U4WDA.

Darwin

GREASE MONKEY
Yeah, the trail only gave me a couple new scratches. It was the mud puddle on the way out that gave me some trouble. When i'm in the mud its hard to resist a little high rpm fun!

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
great scott said:
I agree that things were not perfect, but over all it was a blast. I have a count of 8 on the trussle trail, 21 on Pinnacle, 24 on Curse, and by the BLMs count of 39 on the Dew, thats a total of 92 4X4s( not counting a few stragglers). The Pinnacle trail was nasty fun and yes we had some problems including; 1 set of D60 shafts, 1 high steer arm, fuel injection problems, 1 D30 shaft, 1 toy berfield joint, 1 zuk berfield joint, 1 roll over, 3 or 4 tires, loads of straps in use and lots of sheet metal adjustments. Those are just what I know about. Thanks to all of you, including Cody who helped wounded 4X4s off the trail. I tried to keep the day layed back and still get off the trail in a reasonable time. For the great majority the personalities were awesome, and so was the ride. The King Crawlers learned a lot and I can't wait for the next U4WDA run. :D

Just for the smile, I have pictures of two jeeps on there sides. :D

See attached in case you missed them.

Scott, I have to tell you that you did a great job with the event and the trail you truly "led." Your example and attitude made a great event even better, Kudos...

Attachments

• door crusher.jpg
    door crusher.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 70
  • orange on side.jpg
    orange on side.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 78

neagtea

Supporting Member
I want to say thanks for a good time. This was the first time we had been to a ufwda event in a few years. Thanks to great scott for putting up with us and letting me leave some yellow paint on the first squeeze rocks(my fault bad line). Kudos to Cody for pulling the forerunner with the broken birfield out of the trail that is a generous thing to do. As for the buggy guys I didnt have any problems with them. To the guys with the cubic dollar rigs they just need to learn some patientce when on organized runs.
Neagtea
Desert trackers4x4

neagtea

Supporting Member
When you spend more than you can count on a rig you have to total it up in the third dimension to keep things in perspective.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Cody said:
it wasn't a pride thing, he was trying to get his tires on top so he could at teh very least take the winch.

:rolleyes:

interest perspective, I thought the only thing that made him take the strap was the broken 60... Heck if it would have held we might all still be there. :greg:

Just trying to make some folks smile, :D when I look back at this trail, it is probably not going to be worth it to remember that guy too many other good things...

ijeeporange

Orange CJ5 & Scrambler
the multiple times that he almost slid into the jeep that was up on the jack

I was the orange jeep that broke the outer axle shaft on the last obsticle. I hope that I did not affend anyone by breaking, and for taking so long to get out of the way. Alot of great ideas on how to get me out of the way were flying all over the place until the right one came along. Let me just say that when you find yourself between a rock and a hard place like I was it is nice to have the help that most of you offered and gave.

Scott and his family were very nice and how horrible to break like he did so early in the trail. I think Scott liked watching some of the nutty and crazy things that were happening all around him. The camera man seemed to have a good time also. His daughters were very nice girls. Lets not forget the one that cant sit still long enough for us to roll the Toyota back onto its wheels.

I for one did not hear any of the things that were being said till after the day was over, and I am glad that I did not. I built my rig myself and this is the first time I have ever broken an axle shaft. The trail was a sheet metal eater for those of us that have sheet metal. You never want to hit metal but it does happen and that makes a good trail even better. Hats off to Great Scott and the King Crawlers. Great time---and thank you all.

great scott

Personaly I feel any time you try to put that many 4X4s on that hard of trail we all need to be prepaired for delays. ijeeporange broke and it did take some time to extract, but thats just part of a tough trail.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
ijeeporange said:
I was the orange jeep that broke the outer axle shaft on the last obsticle.

Just so you know, if you were the CJ-5 that broke the outter on the D44. I have absolutely NO problems with you. Things break and life moves on, I was actually really impressed with #1 how fast that you put it back together and #2 that you had the gear you needed, ie spare outter shaft, TO put it back together. :D

If you were the orange buggy, that about landed on the guy fixing his broke D44 outer, and tried to run over the guy who winched you out. I wasn't impressed... :rolleyes: :-\

ijeeporange

Orange CJ5 & Scrambler
yep that was me with the broken D44

I hang with a bunch of great guys and of course Jeff (neagtea) and the pristine white CJ7 Garth came to my rescue. I had the parts on my trailer but not with me. Isnt that how it works you break what you dont have with you. Owe those guys so much. Maybe someday they will break something and I will be able to help them. :) :rofl: Even though neagtea is a one man test team. If you need to know if it can be broken give it to him and he will let you know.

DToy

Jinx said:
Just so you know, if you were the CJ-5 that broke the outter on the D44. I have absolutely NO problems with you. Things break and life moves on, I was actually really impressed with #1 how fast that you put it back together and #2 that you had the gear you needed, ie spare outter shaft, TO put it back together. :D

If you were the orange buggy, that about landed on the guy fixing his broke D44 outer, and tried to run over the guy who winched you out. I wasn't impressed... :rolleyes: :-\

Ditto, exactly my feelings. Breakage is going to happen. My problem was with Joey taking 45 mins. to get through and then everyone expecting the rest of us to hurry through.

DToy

Jinx said:
Hey Dtoy, is the "Rock LOVE" on my passenger side rocker panel what you would call hurrying :greg: jk

Yep, eaxctly. Would you hurry up already? Who cares if your tire is off the wheel? Just move along.