U4WDA Group on Yahoo!

RWH said:
WHoa. lol I was just making a joke. I'm not against the Email list at all.

I just think there's should be a place where the issues are posted and commented on and can be archived and searched. Something that can be found by the Public via a search engine... That way anyone could stumble upon it, read OUR opinions as well as all the facts of Issues. Can't really do that with an email list. RME works fine for people who already know about it. My only contention is there really isn't a ton of info to be had just by looking at the U4WDA website. This isn't an attack on anyone, just things I think would help to educate ANYONE.
...and I think so too. :) Good ideas!

The U4 corner at RME is the best that's been offered so far. When Steve J. joined the U4 board, he considered setting up a forum, but since there was already a U4 forum at RME, he went to work on other things he could help U4 with.

A link from U4WDA.org is a good idea (I kinda thought there already was one, I guess not)

RWH

Let's Roll For Justice
i'm not technicaly inclined to the degree that i know how to make it easier to find, or else i would offer to do so.

I think if we want to be represented properly and with a voice larger then a nat you shouldn't have to type the name in there. The furthest i got from it that pulled up U4WDA's website as... 13th or so of results was "utah four wheel".

Unless someone is searching for it fairly specificly it's not easy to find.

Another BAD thing is that a search for Utah Offroad turns up SUWA faaaaaar before it pulls up U4wda... i don't know where it pulls up U4wda because i didn't look beyond the first result page. Lol it also yeilds a result for UOOC hooded sweatshirts before Even SUWA...

Last edited:
It's funny that someone mentioned it. I was looking at this exact issue a couple nights ago. I was thinking back to my own experience looking for a 4x4 group when I first moved to Utah. A few Internet searches yielded no results, so I started UtahOffroad.com.

I'm a professional SEO (search engine optimizer), but it takes a little green to get good positioning. Of course, U4WDA doesn't have any money. It would help if EVERYONE here who had a website would put a link to U4WDA on their site.

Meta tags don't mean anything anymore. U4WDA.org has about 43 verifiable inbound links. SUWA has 850+.

Anyone who wants to be an SEO intern can PM me and I'll give you something to do.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
scoutabout said:
Meta tags don't mean anything anymore. U4WDA.org has about 43 verifiable inbound links. SUWA has 850+.

Anyone who wants to be an SEO intern can PM me and I'll give you something to do.

From what I've seen Meta tags do still work, but not very well if there is competition out there paying to be on top.

I'm always looking to learn more ;) :D

Caleb

I've offered in the past and I'll offer again, I am more than happy to help you guys out with any web work, be it a forum or whatever. :)