• Moab --> southeast part of La Sal Mtns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moab --> southwest part of La Sal Mtns

• Other: explain

• Total voters

sixstringsteve

I'll be watching that DVD tonight at 7 if anyone wants to come. Even if you're not coming on this trip but you'd like to learn more about it, feel free to swing by.

call/text/pm for address if you're coming
eight oh 1 seven eight 7 nine 6 eight 4

sixstringsteve

What's everyone's vehicle fuel range? I hit empty around 220 mi, but I'll get 300-325 with my 5 gal can. does everyone have a 5+gal gas can they can bring?

sixstringsteve

After watching the DVD tonight, I learned a few things.

1) it's going to be freezing cold for the first two nights
2) this is going to be an awesome trip
3) the dirt bike guys did it in 9 days, and we're trying to cover it in 4-5 days. We're crazy and I may be pushing it a bit with this schedule. That means it's a flexible schedule that's going to be fluid based on our needs. For those planning on catching up with us for certain days, we may or may not be where we plan to be each day. We'll see what it's like.
4) did I mention this is going to be an awesome trip?

I'd be happy to loan out the DVD to anyone interested in watching it.

jentzschman

So would it be best to add more days before or after the planned days so far?

If we add days, I would need to ASAP so I can hopefully get time off. I was able to work it to get the original days off, 17-21, but if we are adding more, knowing sooner then later will help much very much.

Guess its time to invest in a heater for the tent eh!

sixstringsteve

I can't add more days, sorry. I just hope it doesn't end up feeling like a race to the campsite before dark. If it does start to feel that way, we'll slow it down and make sure we take our time and enjoy it. We may not complete the entire route, but we'll have a good 4-5 days.

sixstringsteve

because I have a job with limited vacation time, and a lot of people have already committed to this trip for these dates. You're welcome to stay longer if you'd like, there's plenty more to explore down there.

jentzschman

Ya, I understand with work, I figured as much, but was just curious.

I am way excited for this trip! Guess I better start getting some spare parts together.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I'm out :( I was really hoping to make this trip but its over the same weekend as the Outlaws Run and I'm on a Butch Cassidy kick :D

Have a great trip guys and I'll be looking for you down that way.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Cool, have fun kurt, it sounds like a cool trip. Thanks for letting me know. Will you be down in the swell?

10-4, there are about 8 rigs coming out from Colorado for the event. We spend each day exploring old outlaw haunts, looking for inscriptions, mines, etc. They are doing an 8 day Saturday through Sunday trip, I can't do the full-pull after being out so much this month but I'm going to do 4-5 days with them if all goes as planned.

Medsker

2024 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392
So I am going to bring a friend and was wondering if when we are done someone could take him back to SLC (He lives in Grantsville but we can leave a car for him wherever it is the easiest). This way I can just drive across to California rather than have to take him back home.

Thanks Medsker

sixstringsteve

So I am going to bring a friend and was wondering if when we are done someone could take him back to SLC (He lives in Grantsville but we can leave a car for him wherever it is the easiest). This way I can just drive across to California rather than have to take him back home.

Thanks Medsker

how big is he? :D

I have jump-seats in the back of my truck. He's welcome to ride back home with us, but it won't be a fun ride back there inside the shell. I do have seats and a seatbelt, but I'm sure someone else will have a better seat for him.

sixstringsteve

for Trevor or for anybody that wants it, found this cool heater on KSL for a tent http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=22344309&cat=&lpid=1&search=tent heater

haha. i'd put that $120 towards a good sleeping pad or bag and call it good. I used to ALWAYS be cold when camping, even in a 0* bag @45*. I had somewhat ok bags in the past, but I was so sick of being freezing that I bought a really nice Marmot down bag, and a really nice thermarest dreamrite pad. The combination of those two is amazing. I sleep better camping than I do in my bed at home. A $10 fleece sleeping bag liner will really help out a ton too.

Medsker

2024 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392
how big is he? :D

I have jump-seats in the back of my truck. He's welcome to ride back home with us, but it won't be a fun ride back there inside the shell. I do have seats and a seatbelt, but I'm sure someone else will have a better seat for him.

Yea he probably wouldn't fit to well in jump seats but thanks.