Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Round 5
Firebirds - Jericho
April 18, 2015

Who is going to race it?

7849134_orig.jpg

pdf http://usraracing.weebly.com/uploads/7/8/8/3/7883188/2015firebirdsflyer.pdf

Cheston, you should race Sportsman, You only need to complete the first loop (35 miles) I know you can do it!

Attachments

• 7849134_orig.jpg
    7849134_orig.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 7

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I so badly want to race this. It would be my first Desert Race. What class would fit me best? Stratton knows how slow I am. I'm 36 so I was thinking 35+ AM or EXP. Not expecting to place very well in either.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I so badly want to race this. It would be my first Desert Race. What class would fit me best? Stratton knows how slow I am. I'm 36 so I was thinking 35+ AM or EXP. Not expecting to place very well in either.

You should, but Ill warn you...its worse than a drug addiction, half way through your experience you will wonder why you ever signed up for this...after you cant wait to do another.

Cascadia

Undecided
I think you would do pretty good in 35+ amateur. You'd have plenty competition in that class also. Would most likely be beat by a girl that races mens. So glad she moved out of 30+ so she couldn't beat me. ;)

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I think you would do pretty good in 35+ amateur. You'd have plenty competition in that class also. Would most likely be beat by a girl that races mens. So glad she moved out of 30+ so she couldn't beat me. ;)

no shame in getting beat by Stephanie. shes fast and in shape and finishes her race at the same pace she starts it at.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks

I've been beat by girls/women and little kids on 65's so my ego is already in check with my skill level.

Sounds like 35+AM would be the ticket. How do the numbers work. If I race 35+AM, what color background and what letter do I need.

Cascadia

Undecided
no shame in getting beat by Stephanie. shes fast and in shape and finishes her race at the same pace she starts it at.
I know. And it always seems to be just ahead of me. Oh well. Someday. I'm not ashamed by it either. Just gives me something to shoot for. You need a yellow background and a p after your number. You can also just buy temporary numbers at the race for 5$.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose

But truly she does beat you if she is ahead of you in the overall:rofl:

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Thats my anniversary weekend. Doubt the wife wants to spend it sitting in camp while i ride.

Ill try a sportsmans class one of these days most likely

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Thats my anniversary weekend. Doubt the wife wants to spend it sitting in camp while i ride.

Ill try a sportsmans class one of these days most likely

Ha, Its my anniversary weekend too, April 19th, My wife is the one who pre-registered My boys and I for this race, so I guess that means its ok. both my boys birthday weekends always seem to land on race day too... but they like having birthday parties in the desert with all the maniacs.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
35+ Nov isn't a bad way to go your first race, but you'd be fine in Amatuer, I would be too if I wasn't going for a podium this year. You're plenty fast. You have a really good skill base to fall back on when you're tired as well. The endurance is what kills ones speed the first 5 races or so ;)
James hit the nail on the head about feelings during and after the race.

djgardner

I hear this is mostly new course this year (at least not the same course they've used the past few years). If you've raced this race the past couple or three years, you'd know they've been using the same two loops in different directions and different orders...and they are getting hammered! So new course will be great!

Unless we get some rain, it will be a dust bowl out there. But Cherry Creek is a great place to race, and after the first couple miles everyone gets spaced out and dust isn't such a huge issue. (And the Firebirds usually do it right, with some wide open fast stuff at the beginning of the race to separate everyone before putting them into the single track. That avoids the conga lines in the single track choking on dust.)

I'm looking for a finish at this one. (I've had mechanical issues at the past three races I've done).