Wanted: 24-28' trailer

Update: finally got a price from Wasatch on a 26' CC w/ 8" channels: $5150, 4-5 week delivery. Comparable to the Paiute, actually a little less. If I were starting over, this would be a top choice.

I notice that the PJ and others have "removable fenders". Does anyone have this option, and photos/comments on it?

blznnp

I don't have them on my trailer but when I replace the ones I have, I will make them removable. My tire squeeze between the fenders with a good amount of air in the tires so trying to get past them with a lot of the air out of the tire might make it a little harder.

Visited Paiute and worked out the details. Looks like it will be pretty decent. Ended up going C8 after doing my own calculations and discussing the loads with the owner.

It will be equivalent to the PJ CC/C8 for a little more. Sure wish Wasatch would have returned my inquiries.

Standing here at Harbor Freight looking at tongue tool boxes. Not impressed. Anyone else in town carry them?

Hmmm, I guess I should wrap this up, or at least update it.

Picked up the trailer on the way back from SoCal. Sweet rental burb with 30 miles on it (when we picked it up anyway). Plenty of power, for the empty trailer anyway. Felt every vibration of the empty 14,000 rated trailer.
July August Trek 172.jpg

Took it over to the IFA and weighed it. I figured it would be around 3500lbs, hoped it would be under 4000lbs. Hooray!
July August Trek 193.jpg

We treated the deck that night and as soon as it was dry, I didn't waste any time loading the jeeps on to take them for a ride. Headed over the Point of the Mountain and back to Draper. So far, so good. A couple of days later, we loaded up again and hit the Rubicon. Towed great!
July August Trek 199.jpgJuly August Trek 202.jpg

Trailer saw some rescue duty at the 'Con, transporting two broken rigs back to the King of Tow Rigs in South Lake Tahoe.

July August Trek 305.jpg

Rescue duty again, fetching the blower, dirt bike and three sleds from the cabin during the Rockport 5 fire. Oh, wait, the blazer broke instead of dropping the blower on the trailer and getting driven down. Scratch that; fetching a blazer with blower, and only two sleds. Luckily the fire didn't jump and the third sled (and the cabin) were safe. Loading arrangement not recommended for speeds over 53mph.

Cabin 107.jpg

Hauled the Blower Blazer back up to the cabin,
School and Relic 053.jpg

and used the next day to take the Rainbow Rig on the Relic Run.
School and Relic 109.jpg

It's a great new member of the family. LOVE the tool box on the front. And the tie-downs. And the drop-leg jack. And the big honkin' brakes. And two spares. And 26' of double rig capacity!

The trailer it replaced? It has new fenders. Gonna reinforce the tongue and give it some paint. Probably sell it. Haven't missed it, and this one isn't so obnoxious that it can't be used for small jobs.

Last edited: