Wanted: Matt Holme

jamesgeologist

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Folks, I am looking for Matt Holme. I bought an EFI off of him years ago. I have resold it without ever installing it myself. I want to see if he can remember which distributer would work with the application. I thought he was a member, but I can't find his profile. His telephone number says the subscriber is unavailable. Does anyone have an updated number? Thanks,

Jamesgeologist
Eight oh one.three nine one.seven five four four if you want to forward this to him.

jamesgeologist

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Well, it was a competition buggy with a customized manifold, plenum and fuel rail from an early nineties camaro LT1. It is going in to an early eighties 305. The wiring harness has a specific plug that works with a distributor that is forward of the manifold. The 305 has a distributor aft of the manifold. I was hoping to find a distributor that would work between the LT1 and the the 305.

James

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Ha that's a laugh. He wouldn't have a clue as to what to use. As for getting in touch with him good luck. His profile is still here you just have the name wrong. His last name is "Holm" his account on here is "Ohms". Your best bet to get a hold of him is face book using his name as a search.

To get some help from here it might help if you get a picture of the plug and possible the engine/fuel rail/ plenum setup.

Last edited:

jamesgeologist

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
here's the pics.....

Ha that's a laugh. He wouldn't have a clue as to what to use. As for getting in touch with him good luck. His profile is still here you just have the name wrong. His last name is "Holm" his account on here is "Ohms". Your best bet to get a hold of him is face book using his name as a search.

To get some help from here it might help if you get a picture of the plug and possible the engine/fuel rail/ plenum setup.

The system is a bone stock TPI from an early 90's Camaro. The only thing custom is the prommed ECU. That style motor had a crank driven distributor. I am looking for a distributor that will plug into this harness and work with the 305..... Thanks.....

Attachments

• 1_imagejpeg952.jpg
    1_imagejpeg952.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 11
  • imagejpeg952.jpg
    imagejpeg952.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 11
  • imagejpeg953.jpg
    imagejpeg953.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 11

jamesgeologist

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
So, in my searches, I have found numerous distributors for the 87-92 LT1 TPI Camaro that have a flat connector that is sufficiently dissimilar that I believe there is a distributor harness that was missing from the EFI kit. This pigtail shows the female four pin connector at the harness and the flat four blade found on the distributors.... can anyone verify?
smalld_1.png
smallc_1.png
smallb.png
repc314101_1ftbk.jpg

Caleb

sorry I can't verify for you, but your connector just looks like a standard 4-prong weather pack connector. Could very easily be a custom job.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
So, in my searches, I have found numerous distributors for the 87-92 LT1 TPI Camaro ....

That could be your issue? 87-92 TPI are L98 (at least the 5.7L version). LT1 engines show up in 'vettes in '92 and Camaro/Firechicken's in '93 and run until they swap to LS type engines in '97-98 or whenever. LT1 are Optispark units with the distributor front mounted and susceptible to water damage.

I'm fairly sure I have a similar connector on my '89 TBI truck motor. I think it's not distributor related, though. Seems like it plugs in near the TBI.

images

L98/TPI engine

under_hood.jpg

LT1

Last edited:

jamesgeologist

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
As far as custom wiring goes, it is totally feasible. It is a standard weatherpac connector, but the harness has a tag on it that says distributor..... So, I could only have assumed. This is the only unresolved issue on the install as of last night, distributor and distributor pigtail...... Thanks so far!

James

cjncustoms

If that's a painless harness it will have a pigtail adapter to go from your plug to the distributor. My buddies tbi painless harness was exactly like that. That looks exactly like his...